Wikiposts

medicals northants

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice
Default medicals northants

hi has anyone done medicals at northampton ? what were they like? times it take from booking and having medical? and costs?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals northants

Originally Posted by lee58uk
hi has anyone done medicals at northampton ? what were they like? times it take from booking and having medical? and costs?
Hi,

I haven't done medicals yet but I have called the Northampton docs.

They said there waiting time was 2-3 weeks and they quoted me £900 for 2 adults, an 11 year old (they need an x-ray over 11) and 2 small children.

The docs in Cambridge were much cheaper (£683) but had a 2-3 month waiting list. If you go to Northampton please let us know how you get on as we will probably use them but can't take the meds until our new baby is born at the end of may.

Angela
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We had quotes to go to Northampton, and have Xrays at the Three Shires. However, they were difficult to book - limited appointment times, and a three week wait. We opted to go to the numberone clinic in London. Harley St in fact. They are open on Saturdays, so no need to take kids out of school, or time off work. They were marginally more expensive than Northampton, but very quick. All results done and off to CHC within three working days. I'd recommend them.
If you want more info, PM me, happy to help.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:14 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lee58uk
We lived in Northants until our move to Canada and couldn't be bothered to wait for the Northampton surgery etc.

We had ours done in London - Knightsbridge. They were excellent and the x-rays were done in-house. Both of us were completed within the hour and had plenty of time for sightseeing and shopping!

Definitely recommended
Old Apr 4th 2007, 12:02 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

The Birmingham place wouldn't be too far for you would it? a few have had an ok experience with them including us - not that it's in the nicest part of Birmingham..
Old Apr 10th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

watergirl73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband booked his medical while he was in Canada and he picked the day and it was available which was 3 days after he got home. SO he got in straight away in Northampton, Daventry. The cost was over 100 pounds thats all... I'll confirm doctor and amount for you later tonight and post...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

My OH had very good opnion of Handsworth Wood Practice, Birmingham. Xrays on premises and paperwork sent off to CIC quickly.

Don't forget VAT @17.5% is being added to medical costs from 1st May - although an appeal has been lodged.

Joanne