Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals last wekk ...did you experince the same as me!!!

Medicals last wekk ...did you experince the same as me!!!

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:57 am
Just Joined

tinytasha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals last wekk ...did you experince the same as me!!!

Don't forget that medical exam requirements also change frequently based on specific issues going on at the time. Paps and breast exams are usually performed to rule out some cancers, the diagnosis of which may result in the refusal of your PR application.

Some doctors are more thorough than others, but results from recent exams should be enough unless the doc has reasons to believe they are not valid or something's changed
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:00 am
Just Joined

mfsh1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tinytasha
Don't forget that medical exam requirements also change frequently based on specific issues going on at the time. Paps and breast exams are usually performed to rule out some cancers, the diagnosis of which may result in the refusal of your PR application.

Some doctors are more thorough than others, but results from recent exams should be enough unless the doc has reasons to believe they are not valid or something's changed
WHEN I HAD MY MEDICAL EXAM. THEY DID A BREAST EXAM. BUT NOT PAP SMEAR TEST. YEAH! PROBABLY, OTHER DOCTORS ARE JUST MORE THOROUGH THATN OTHERS. DON'T WORRY, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T FEEL ANY LUMP IN YOUR BREASTS, YOU'LL BE FINE.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
What you need to realise , is that the guidelines for the medical exam are exactly that "guidelines". Doctors , like any other professionals will use there own professional judgement on what they consider appropriate. After all they are being asked to provide evidence about your medical suitability for immigration, the guidelines give them the scope for this but do not dictate exact practice.

Exactly.
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Arrona
i was 35 when i got my medical i wasnt asked for anything and i never got a breast examination.
me either!!! and i was a tad over 35!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CathynPaul
For all the ladies out there a quick question did you need a breast examination as I did ,have not seen anyone else say that on here .... am I or should I be worried is this normal practice for Canada which he told me it was help please
hi cathy should have told you about this would have saved you all the worry have not seen you this week we are having an open house for all our friends on sunday if you fancy coming over
susie q aka susan at work
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G586
I'd have thought any opportunity to get one's bits checked out is a good thing.

Much better than the alternative and done far more frequently in other countries...
I agree - you might as well get some value for money out of the medical!

I was 27 and had a breast exam by male doctor but with female nurse present. He just asked about my previous smear test results and didn't want to see the actual results.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:15 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
me either!!! and i was a tad over 35!
I didn't get a breast exam or a pap test (wasn't even asked when my last one was) & that was June 18th in Knightsbridge. This was for TWP purposes. Maybe I wasn't good looking enough! :-D

I'm a "tad over 35" too!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RN1
I didn't get a breast exam or a pap test (wasn't even asked when my last one was) & that was June 18th in Knightsbridge. This was for TWP purposes. Maybe I wasn't good looking enough! :-D

I'm a "tad over 35" too!
Believe me, looks have nothing to do with it.

The purists of us out there would also recommend men have a breast exam.