Wikiposts

medicals info

Old May 4th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default medicals info

Hi

waiting for the medical request to drop throught the letterbox? question

I am in good health , never spent a night in hospital, not on or have been on any long term medication, BUT i am over weight ? i am dieting like mad, but can they bin you if you are over weight or your BMI is to high, and if this is the case do they tell you there and then? go away and lose weight and come back when you are ?????

or are no issue as long as you are healthy ?

Thanks

gary ( now eating salad)
Old May 4th 2007, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medicals info

Originally Posted by gary123
Hi

waiting for the medical request to drop throught the letterbox? question

I am in good health , never spent a night in hospital, not on or have been on any long term medication, BUT i am over weight ? i am dieting like mad, but can they bin you if you are over weight or your BMI is to high, and if this is the case do they tell you there and then? go away and lose weight and come back when you are ?????

or are no issue as long as you are healthy ?

Thanks

gary ( now eating salad)
I'm officially overweight but had no probs..I reckon if you fit through the door when you go for your meds, with no assistance from a fork lift, you'll be ok, and as long as your not taking medication now for any weight related illness
Old May 4th 2007, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road

We had our medicals yesterday & we aint no skinny minnies!! The Doc said that as long as there are no other medical problems associated with it e.g. high blood pressure, diabetes etc then there shouldn't be a problem!!!

The nurse also said that a lot of much larger people than us had been in before and managed to get through.
Old May 4th 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

i doubt that being overweight will have a negative impact on your application, as it probably wont count as having an excessive impact on the canadian health system...but its certainly good that your dieting and trying to get your weight down...im sure that will have a positive impact on doctors considerations as well as your own health.
Old May 5th 2007, 8:25 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I really wouldn't worry I am overweight and was mildly concerned about the effects on the medical result. As far as I Can see as long as you don't have any Medical problems linked to this then no worries. I'm Very good at reading upside down writing and noticed that the doc wrote something to the effect of "The Patient is overweight but is fit and very healthy with an excellent blood pressure reading"

I was actually amazed at My b.p. reading. My normal reading is on the low side of normal but I was feeling more than a little stressed so was Concerned about it. I could actually feel my heart racing as she took It turns out to be 104 over 65 - low even for me!!

The only problem, had weight wise was during the Chest X ray. They gave me this pathetic gown to put on Instead of my top It must have been at least 7 ft long ( I am a mere 5ft nothing!) and due to my erm ample assets came about halfway to my belly button! very fetching!

This Coupled with the fact that She Set up the Xray plate for hubby first and then without looking at me said` "Can you press your chest against the plate please?"

Erm not without a step ladder love!

Last edited by Zoe Bell; May 5th 2007 at 8:27 am. Reason: I Can't write Properly apparently !.