Wikiposts

Medicals Help

Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

newfiegurl is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals Help

New question:

I'm confused about the medical applications, etc. My bf already got the medical done and used the form for outside Canada, for his specific country. But the documents checklist for out-of-canada applicationtion says to include: Proof of medical examination for the sponsored person and eacdh of his or her dependants (original copy 2 of form IMM 1017 signed by examining doctor). What's that about? That form is for in-Canada apps as far as I can tell.
What exactly were we suppose to do after the medical examination? He brought the form for "applications processed outside Canada" and did the examination and got a receipt for the price he paid and that's it! As far as we knew the medical would get sent to the office responsible for his country.
Will they receive it and know that there is an application to follow? What should we send as proof?
Help!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals Help

Go back to the doctor that did the medical exam, and insist on receiving Copy 2 of the Form 1017. it is used to cross-reference his medical results, so it must be sent with the application.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
Go back to the doctor that did the medical exam, and insist on receiving Copy 2 of the Form 1017. it is used to cross-reference his medical results, so it must be sent with the application.
But IMM 1017 is for an "in-Canada" application...even though we are living in Canada, we are apply the "outside Canada" route. Is it still the same?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ron Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really niceRon Liberman is just really nice

There are 2 variations of the procedure that the doctor is supposed to use when it comes to sending off your medical, depending on whether the sponsorship is being done inside or outside Canada.

I think you may be looking at a different version of Form 1017, perhaps from an in-Canada application kit. If you look at the instructions in "Appendix D", which is where you presumably found the Medical Form you gave the doctor, it tells you the doctor must give you Copy 2 of Form 1017EFC. Those instructions are correct.

Last edited by Ron Liberman; Oct 6th 2008 at 6:00 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
There are 2 variations of the procedure that the doctor is supposed to use when it comes to sending off your medical, depending on whether the sponsorship is being done inside or outside Canada.

I think you may be looking at a different version of Form 1017, perhaps from an in-Canada application kit. If you look at the instructions in "Appendix D", which is where you presumably found the Medical Form you gave the doctor, it tells you the doctor must give you Copy 2 of Form 1017EFC. Those instructions are correct.
I called the doc today and they will send it, apparently...
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

It will be sent by the doctor?

The Copy 2 of Form 1017EFC needs to be submitted by you together with the entire application package that you send to Mississauga.

I hope what you meant is that the doctor will send you this form, which is an original.