Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals done, the wait will drive us crazy!

Wikiposts

Medicals done, the wait will drive us crazy!

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals done, the wait will drive us crazy!

LOL! I remember willing my washing machine along for the last two years of our application process! Only one wash cycle worked on it and it didn't always rinse! About two months before we got PR I almost bought a new one (a used one, new to me!) on Ebay!

Actually, that might be a good route for you to try. People sell ones for about £50 that are approx 5 years old. Then if you get PR you've not spent loads on a washing machine, and if you don't you can go out and buy a brand new one.

Keep pestering them Deb!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

New one has turned up this minute - £200.

Know an engineer for Hoover who says that the new ones only last 2-3 years. So necessary evil

JET
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by bex1
We did ours on the 4th Jan, think they were sent off to CIC around 12th, got an email back requesting an updated security check (it ran out!) on the 8th Feb. So not too long I guess, frustrating for us that we've had to send off for another Police Certificate and another £70 spent!
How long is it valid for??
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

Just looked at the Police site again as it has been a while. There is no definate answer but they say that the Consulate likes 6 months up until your interview.

So I guess it is valid for 6 months - but I am not too sure if that is up to Visa issue or medical request.

JET
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Roses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura about

My agents refuse to send another enquiry until a month has elapsed from the last one. We have unfortunately paid them all their money now and they have suddenly become very retiscent about doing anything!!
Originally Posted by Kaye.
I completely agree, I would be at them constantly till they got a reply from CIC.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

twotoast is on a distinguished road

What kind of contract did you have with your agent? When we came over in 2004 we used a company that only got paid if we got a Visa - I think they may have screened out a lot of people who would never have got through - but the only reason we used them was if we did not get in - they would not get paid

Originally Posted by Roses15
My agents refuse to send another enquiry until a month has elapsed from the last one. We have unfortunately paid them all their money now and they have suddenly become very retiscent about doing anything!!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Roses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura aboutRoses15 has a spectacular aura about

We also have agents who will give you a full refund if you don't get in so you would think it would be in their best interest to chase it up! I assume they expect it to be a formality now and just a matter of time before we get PPR so they can't be bothered to do anything.
Originally Posted by twotoast
What kind of contract did you have with your agent? When we came over in 2004 we used a company that only got paid if we got a Visa - I think they may have screened out a lot of people who would never have got through - but the only reason we used them was if we did not get in - they would not get paid

Last edited by Roses15; Feb 24th 2010 at 6:16 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

The DMP contacted me, she FOUND the tracking number that she sent my extra test results away with.

I told her that the Consulate was taking a bit longer than I would have expected......

She says that the results would take about 3 months to process. This means the 3 months are about up now give or take.

I enjoy rollercoasters....but this is one that I have ridden enough and want to get to the end of.

JET
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

I can't bear rollercoasters... but I still ride them (I tell myself I'm doing it for the kids lol....)
although the smallest child is NOT keen. Odd that she's the sticking point for both sorts of rollercoaster, eh?

Good luck with getting off x
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

It is approaching the last tunnel and the other side is the stop......just wondering if there is one last corkscrew in the tunnel or not

JET
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

feebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant futurefeebs12345 has a brilliant future

Still havent received PPR yet, the wait is driving us nuts
Sent a case specific email to CHC last week, but still no reply.

When I sent the last email to CHC, they said they were awaiting a review of background enquiries, that was 2 months ago!!
Our medicals run out in August.
Anyone else in the same boat??
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

We did our medicals in August 2009 (thats why i started this thread). Our immigration lawyers finally got a reply from London, they said our case could not be finalised because they needed a R117 to say our eldest son who is 25 and not coming with us was not a dependent. The lawyers sent a reply back asking what a R117 was!!! So I went on the internet and found out! I ended up sending a signed declaration to say he was not dependent which I sent last Friday by courier, and now we wait again!
Originally Posted by feebs12345
Still havent received PPR yet, the wait is driving us nuts
Sent a case specific email to CHC last week, but still no reply.

When I sent the last email to CHC, they said they were awaiting a review of background enquiries, that was 2 months ago!!
Our medicals run out in August.
Anyone else in the same boat??