Medicals done today - Edmonton

Old May 4th 2010, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals done today - Edmonton

Appointment was for 10 this morning but we didnt get seen until 11.
They did my height and weight, quick eye sight test, then asked me to sit in the consultation room 'til the doctor was ready.
After having read two magazines, I left the room and asked if they'd forgotten about me.
Eventually, the doc came in. He was a nice enough bloke. Asked loads of questions about medical history etc. All pretty standard stuff. Asked me to stip to my undercrackers. Listened to my chest and back, looked in my ears/eyes/throat, then checked the old baby makers and asked me to "cough".

Then I had to wait while wifey was seen. The kids (3 and 4) were seen but only had to have a quick exam- eyes/ears/throat and listened to chest & back. My eldest had to do the eye sight test too- kinda strange for a 4yr old but whatever....
That was $700 for the four of us.

Then off down to the lab downstairs for the blood and urine sample. The sign at reception said there was a 10 minute wait. It took 45 mins for our turn... me and the missus were each asked to do a urine test, then we had a blood test (kids didnt have to do it). Bish bash bosh- we were out of there, another $200 lighter.

Then off to the x-rays. Again, the kids didnt need doing, but for me and the wife, it was a quick chest x-ray and we were done. That was another $80.

All in all, took us over 3 and half hours, but was pretty straight forward. $1000 though is not a small chunkachange- especially as from start to finish, it could have been done in less than an hour.

What kinda pissed me off was when speaking to the receptionist about the medicals, I asked if they could let me have another copy of the wifes report, as she's applying to change her work permit condition (so she can work with kids). "Oh no, once the exams are done, the reports become property of the Canadian Government". "But, I'm paying for them" I said, "so why dont I get a copy?". "Because they dont belong to you" she replied. "So why the hell am I paying instead of the government?" Anyways, accepting the fact that she doesnt make the decision, I dropped it, but this kinda stinks...
Old May 4th 2010, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medicals done today - Edmonton

Hey Jericho!! Congrats! I had mine done today too!!

And how different those offices are... the lady at the 'acounts payable' service desk actually told me that is working there since 38 years and she has done millions of Immigration meds and without asking her she gave me two copies of my signed and stamped form 'just in case if Immigration asks or loses anything'. I was stunned! She was supersweet... If Edmonton wasnt so far away I would have suggested to use my doc here in Toronto. It was way cheaper too... so sorry you had such bad luck!!

All the best to you guys and let us all know once you hear back from CIC!!!
Old May 5th 2010, 1:06 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mermaid3011

And how different those offices are... the lady at the 'acounts payable' service desk actually told me that is working there since 38 years and she has done millions of Immigration meds and without asking her she gave me two copies of my signed and stamped form 'just in case if Immigration asks or loses anything'. I was stunned! She was supersweet... If Edmonton wasnt so far away I would have suggested to use my doc here in Toronto. It was way cheaper too... so sorry you had such bad luck!!

Congrats to you too, and fingers crossed there are no problems...
Old May 5th 2010, 1:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear that Jericho and the costs involved as i'll be in Edmonton to do mine next month or so.

Could you pm the doctors you used pretty please
Old May 5th 2010, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
Appointment was for 10 this morning but we didnt get seen until 11.
They did my height and weight, quick eye sight test, then asked me to sit in the consultation room 'til the doctor was ready.
After having read two magazines, I left the room and asked if they'd forgotten about me.
Eventually, the doc came in. He was a nice enough bloke. Asked loads of questions about medical history etc. All pretty standard stuff. Asked me to stip to my undercrackers. Listened to my chest and back, looked in my ears/eyes/throat, then checked the old baby makers and asked me to "cough".

Then I had to wait while wifey was seen. The kids (3 and 4) were seen but only had to have a quick exam- eyes/ears/throat and listened to chest & back. My eldest had to do the eye sight test too- kinda strange for a 4yr old but whatever....
That was $700 for the four of us.

Then off down to the lab downstairs for the blood and urine sample. The sign at reception said there was a 10 minute wait. It took 45 mins for our turn... me and the missus were each asked to do a urine test, then we had a blood test (kids didnt have to do it). Bish bash bosh- we were out of there, another $200 lighter.

Then off to the x-rays. Again, the kids didnt need doing, but for me and the wife, it was a quick chest x-ray and we were done. That was another $80.

All in all, took us over 3 and half hours, but was pretty straight forward. $1000 though is not a small chunkachange- especially as from start to finish, it could have been done in less than an hour.

What kinda pissed me off was when speaking to the receptionist about the medicals, I asked if they could let me have another copy of the wifes report, as she's applying to change her work permit condition (so she can work with kids). "Oh no, once the exams are done, the reports become property of the Canadian Government". "But, I'm paying for them" I said, "so why dont I get a copy?". "Because they dont belong to you" she replied. "So why the hell am I paying instead of the government?" Anyways, accepting the fact that she doesnt make the decision, I dropped it, but this kinda stinks...
Originally Posted by Mermaid3011

Congrats on getting meds completed for passport requests
Old May 5th 2010, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

thanks so much coffeepot! I just feel so bad that they forgot you guys! Have you sent a message lately asking what's up? Maybe they actually lost your documents??? I hope you hear soon!!!!!!!!