Medical's done today

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all
Default Medical's done today

Hi Everyone,

Well, as title, med's completed today 2 adults and 2 children £400 + £49.50 per adult for the chest x-rays, grand total £499. Things getting close now BC here we come!

Ain't figured this rollercoaster of emotion yet. One minute excited, next minute 'oh my god' repeat - infinitum.....

Timeline for PNP for those interested in 'signature', but in short PR paperwork with CIC London 1st Oct 09, meds done 22nd Feb 10.

Meds request letter had passport request for 30 days after medicals, similar to some others experiences. Looks like time to get busy again!

If anyone can recommend international removals company's in the Powys/Shropshire area, be very pleased to hear!
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical's done today

Originally Posted by Psyched
Hi Everyone,

Well, as title, med's completed today 2 adults and 2 children £400 + £49.50 per adult for the chest x-rays, grand total £499. Things getting close now BC here we come!

Ain't figured this rollercoaster of emotion yet. One minute excited, next minute 'oh my god' repeat - infinitum.....

Timeline for PNP for those interested in 'signature', but in short PR paperwork with CIC London 1st Oct 09, meds done 22nd Feb 10.

Meds request letter had passport request for 30 days after medicals, similar to some others experiences. Looks like time to get busy again!

If anyone can recommend international removals company's in the Powys/Shropshire area, be very pleased to hear!
That seems reasonable Psyched, I was expectng closer to £1,000 for the four of us. Were the x-rays a requirement?

Chris
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Hi Chris,

Yes i was pleasantly surprised as we had expected £750+

I think it pays to shop around depending on distance of course.

the X-rays are required even if no concern raised at medical, as are blood tests. We were tested for HIV and Syphilis Otherwise the medicals were much more pleasant than expected. Our 19 month old daughter was a little unco-operative however....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Canada Hopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Psyched,

Would you mind letting us know where you had your medicals done? At that price we (family of 5) would be happy to drive a little further to make a saving!

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

If it's a viable option, we had ours done at Machynlleth Health Centre in Wales. We were originally quoted £160 each, when i mentioned the children i was told by the receptionist they would likely be given a discount. Our total £400 fee included the cost of the Blood Tests (adults or 15+ only).

Then it was off to Bronglais Hospital in Aberystwyth (18 miles from Machynlleth, on the Welsh coast) for X-ray appt, booked by Health Centre, and to have bloods taken. Nice scenery throughout route and Free parking in Welsh hospitals too btw. Chest X-rays were an extra £49.50 each (adult's and over 11's only).

Experience was a pleasant one, which helps particularly with young family!

Hope its an option for you, if not continue to shop around as prices do appear to vary rather a bit.

Good Luck