Medicals done today!!

Old Feb 9th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals done today!!

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
How come then, some people are not asked to send their passports 30 days after the medicals and some are?...
The precise timing of when background checks are performed is a bit fluid. I was under the impression that the checks were only done after Police Certs are cleared and Medical Results are cleared. Then the CSIS (Canadian Security and Intelligence Service) will start their background checks and report findings (if any) to CIC. The inner workings of this are, naturally and understandably, secretive but the opening post by 'TTTT' here gives a good account of what is investigated:

http://www.roadtocanada.com/forums/a...hp/t-3101.html

I can only guess that some people are looked at and the case officer at CIC decides that they are a 'safe bet' and awards them pre-clearance where only cursory checks are done. This could account for the 30-day passport request.

Last edited by PaulOK; Feb 9th 2010 at 11:03 am.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

i also had a job offer!

in my updated document request it said if i could provide evidence of why i got the job offer etc then my application would be processed quicker than normal.

i wonder if this has anything to do with the joint medical/passport request??

i had never heard of this before my case but i know see some others in the new faster process are receiving the same.

it will all be over in 44 days time!!
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by goodpikey
i also had a job offer!

in my updated document request it said if i could provide evidence of why i got the job offer etc then my application would be processed quicker than normal.

i wonder if this has anything to do with the joint medical/passport request??

i had never heard of this before my case but i know see some others in the new faster process are receiving the same.

it will all be over in 44 days time!!
I had the same letter 'goodpikey' but didn't get the joint medical/passport request.

I would guess that all CSIS personel have been working flat out recently providing security for the upcoming Vancouver Olympics so maybe, to cut down the workload, they have decided to select a group of applicants for tourist visa exempt countries (like the UK) and fast-track them through the background check process.

That's just my theory though. We will never know for sure.

Last edited by PaulOK; Feb 10th 2010 at 2:47 am.