Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medicals Done: How long should I wait for the visa?

Wikiposts

Medicals Done: How long should I wait for the visa?

Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

breech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals Done: How long should I wait for the visa?

Hello everyone!

Im done with my medicals last dec. 8, 2008. How long should I wait for my working visa? weeks? months??

Please share your experiences. Thank you very much and I really appreciate your responses!!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals Done: How long should I wait for the visa?

We had our medicals done in October and received work permits last week. See my timeline for further details.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by breech
Hello everyone!

Im done with my medicals last dec. 8, 2008. How long should I wait for my working visa? weeks? months??

Please share your experiences. Thank you very much and I really appreciate your responses!!
We had our meds on 30 October and are still awaiting passport requests. At the time I asked the CIC how long this part of the process took and they said the estimate is around 3-4 months for completion but as each case is different it could be quicker or slower.

This is about as accurate a picture as you can get I think.

Best of Luck!

Hollis Family
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We had our medicals done in early September and we were told that if we didn't hear anything by mid November, then it was likely that the 'quota' for issuing visas was full and that we would probably hear early January. We didn't hear anything in November - or December! So roll on January.

We have already renewed our temporary visas, so not in a great hurry, but it would be nice to 'settle' everything as soon as possible.
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:22 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
We had our medicals done in early September and we were told that if we didn't hear anything by mid November, then it was likely that the 'quota' for issuing visas was full and that we would probably hear early January. We didn't hear anything in November - or December! So roll on January.

We have already renewed our temporary visas, so not in a great hurry, but it would be nice to 'settle' everything as soon as possible.
Hi

Is the above for Fed SW application or are you on PNP route?

Does anyone know if the visa quota for London has been reached now and also if that is as a whole or is the quota split between federal SW, PNP, spousal, family class etc??

Thanks for any info
Old Dec 18th 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

most interesting question re visa quota's

woould be interested to know where the poster got the info re visa quotas filled for 2008? was this direct from chc or from elsewhere?

its my understaning that there are no quota's for PNP especailly for provinces desperate for Immigrants?

also how come some folk get passport requests at the same time as med requests eg send your passport 30 days after your meds??? now if this applies then surely it means either there is no quota as such or they have plenty of scope left for 2008?

I have also read on many searches that canada want to increase number of immigrants big time so the quota bit seems a bit daft??

would love hear views on this?

good luck all
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:19 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
most interesting question re visa quota's

woould be interested to know where the poster got the info re visa quotas filled for 2008? was this direct from chc or from elsewhere?

its my understaning that there are no quota's for PNP especailly for provinces desperate for Immigrants?

also how come some folk get passport requests at the same time as med requests eg send your passport 30 days after your meds??? now if this applies then surely it means either there is no quota as such or they have plenty of scope left for 2008?

I have also read on many searches that canada want to increase number of immigrants big time so the quota bit seems a bit daft??

would love hear views on this?

good luck all
I would be interested to get some clarification around this too
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of

I think everyone's visa requests are different, but we applied via PNP and after our meds were completed we dropped our passports off in London 30 days later then collected them 1-2 weeks later.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We are being fast tracked under the skilled worker route - not PNP. Initially told this could take 6-12 months as we are already here, with job etc. Due to some delays in Buffalo it now looks as if we'll be just over the 12 month mark.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:14 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

We had our medicals done on the 29th of november and passport requests came today.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
We had our medicals done on the 29th of november and passport requests came today.
congratulations flogger thats excellent news
despite the fact that you posted that what I am doing is madness in another thread when clearly it isnt
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:26 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
congratulations flogger thats excellent news
despite the fact that you posted that what I am doing is madness in another thread when clearly it isnt
only your cunning plan to extend your visa,did i quote as madness
Old Dec 19th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

We had our medicals on the 9th August. We received our passport requests on the 7th October. (great day!)
Sent our passports on the 10th of October. Got them sent back to us on the 30th october and we landed on the 4th November at the CIC Victoria offices. (another great day!)

This was for the Skilled Worker route, but fast-tracked as we were on TWP in Canada at that time.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I still have no idea how they distinguish betwen who gets the 30 day request to send their passports after medicals, and who waits for their passport request. Can anyone shed some light on that?
Old Dec 19th 2008, 6:38 am

We completed ours 29th Nov and received PPR today
Old Dec 19th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
We completed ours 29th Nov and received PPR today
Congratulations - it's a great day for you.

The CHC adventure is nearly finished! Congrats again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.