Medicals Done and Dusted!!

Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

vimtocarr will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals Done and Dusted!!

Blimey, well we weren't expecting that! We had our medicals today in Altrincham and then X rays in Manchester. Myself and husband had the same MALE doctor whom we saw seperately. My husband was in there 15 mins and then I was in there about the same.

We had to do a urine sample, had a blood test, blood pressure, checked stomach and listened to our hearts. My husband had to drop his pants for a check. We then were asked about 20 questions, like if we'd had depression, any op's, diabetes, on medication, heart problems, tb, pregnant, breathing probs the usual. Height and Weight and that was it. No breast examination, no check on smear tests, no eye or ear test. We thought we were going to get a bit of a grilling but it was fine, pretty lax if we were to be honest. The doc told us we were fine and as long as the blood and xrays came back ok we wouldn't have a problems medical wise. It cost £150 each for the medicals and £60 each for the Xrays.

Was told blood results should take about 2 weeks to arrive so hope to hear back re out passport requests pretty soon. YEY YEY

So if any of you have your medicals coming up, don't panic they are really nice at the surgery and the xray place.

Thanks everyone for all your help prior to our medicals. Your advice was most helpful. Just hope we don't have to wait to long for the final stage.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. X VIMTO CARR
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Done and Dusted!!

Glad to hear all went well with your medicals - we had ours today as well

"Cheers" - had a booze free weekend - now enjoying a big glass of red wine
Old Jan 18th 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

We had our meds done at Altrincham back in sept' and like you were in and out in 15 mins, the xray part was even quicker.

Regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

yay - glad it went ok for you the OH - tell I would loved to have seen his face when he did the old "cough" thing lol but dont tell him I said that !

All that Canada are bothered about is that you dont bring diseases into the country and then any existing medical problems which are going to cost the country.

BTW peeps if you think that my comments are a little rude - it's ok they used to work for me and a friend so I do know them lol
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

vimtocarr will become famous soon enough

Yep, it was straight home for a glass of wine after the medical...... didn't have any over the weekend you know so I didn't look like an alcoholic!! He He. Yer Burton Bunch....... I think he was a little shocked.... we had heard that it may happen but when it did I'm sure he nearly fell off the surgery chair..... would have loved to have been a fly on the wall!!

Just waiting patiently now!!!

X VimtoCarr X
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vimtocarr
Yep, it was straight home for a glass of wine after the medical...... didn't have any over the weekend you know so I didn't look like an alcoholic!! He He. Yer Burton Bunch....... I think he was a little shocked.... we had heard that it may happen but when it did I'm sure he nearly fell off the surgery chair..... would have loved to have been a fly on the wall!!

Just waiting patiently now!!!

X VimtoCarr X
Bet his poor face was a picture lol
Old Jan 19th 2010, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz67 will become famous soon enoughGaz67 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vimtocarr
Blimey, well we weren't expecting that! We had our medicals today in Altrincham and then X rays in Manchester. Myself and husband had the same MALE doctor whom we saw seperately. My husband was in there 15 mins and then I was in there about the same.

We had to do a urine sample, had a blood test, blood pressure, checked stomach and listened to our hearts. My husband had to drop his pants for a check. We then were asked about 20 questions, like if we'd had depression, any op's, diabetes, on medication, heart problems, tb, pregnant, breathing probs the usual. Height and Weight and that was it. No breast examination, no check on smear tests, no eye or ear test. We thought we were going to get a bit of a grilling but it was fine, pretty lax if we were to be honest. The doc told us we were fine and as long as the blood and xrays came back ok we wouldn't have a problems medical wise. It cost £150 each for the medicals and £60 each for the Xrays.

Was told blood results should take about 2 weeks to arrive so hope to hear back re out passport requests pretty soon. YEY YEY

So if any of you have your medicals coming up, don't panic they are really nice at the surgery and the xray place.

Thanks everyone for all your help prior to our medicals. Your advice was most helpful. Just hope we don't have to wait to long for the final stage.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. X VIMTO CARR
Might have to book in Altrincham its a lot cheaper than my native Liverpool which is £250 each for meds :0 will have to google where it is though :0

Gratz

Gaz