Wikiposts

Medicals Done

Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Medicals Done

Hi All,
Had medicals done on Friday at Birmingham. Two adults + two kids under 11, just under £650 all in.
Whole process took just under two hours and all the staff that we dealt with were very friendly and professional.

Next..Shipping, thinking of taking lots of stuff, probable 20 foot container. Any recommendations on shipping companies / prices, would be most welcome.

Cheers
Pete
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals Done

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Hi All,
Had medicals done on Friday at Birmingham. Two adults + two kids under 11, just under £650 all in.
Whole process took just under two hours and all the staff that we dealt with were very friendly and professional.

Next..Shipping, thinking of taking lots of stuff, probable 20 foot container. Any recommendations on shipping companies / prices, would be most welcome.

Cheers
Pete
Hi there,

First of all well done and congrats on your meds. Secondly we got a quote for Anglo Pacific for sole use of a 20 foot container and it was £3,395 that is from Glasgow to Nova Scotia, the same thing with Crown was £3,895 so for us Anglo Pacific was cheaper. Hope this helps.

Julie
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi there,

First of all well done and congrats on your meds. Secondly we got a quote for Anglo Pacific for sole use of a 20 foot container and it was £3,395 that is from Glasgow to Nova Scotia, the same thing with Crown was £3,895 so for us Anglo Pacific was cheaper. Hope this helps.

Julie
Hi
We shipped with a company in 2006 that gave us the cheapest quote only when the container arrived it was a disaster. Take my advice steer clear of the cheapest quotations, as always use a reputable company that will export wrap and crate you belongings with care. In addition to the total loss insurance get the valuable items individually covered.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough

Hi Pete
Congratulation on getting the meds done, we hope to get our med request any day soon we hope. What was the waiting list like for getting your appt?

In ref to Removals, we had alot of quotes and have gone with a company called 'Fox International', all our stuff currently in storage with them (we sold our house end of July '07 and currently in small rented house) awaiting instruction to transfer to BC. Our stuff will fit approx half 20ft container excl insurance £1150. Service rec'd todate has been brillant, but obviously haven't rec'd at the other end yet.
Regards
Old Oct 21st 2007, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi there,

Julie
Thanks All,
Sounds like budgeting 4k should cover shipping :-(
Sue+Peter..Less than two weeks wait for appointment at Birmingham.
Pete....
Old Oct 21st 2007, 4:04 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Foxs were excellent and then Tippett and Richardson in Calgary were really good too!

Congrats and the best of luck guys, I know Lowestoft well and believe me, I wouldn't regret leaving there to come here for one minute!

All the best
Mrs M x
Old Oct 21st 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Polar Bear will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dreamon
Hi Pete
Congratulation on getting the meds done, we hope to get our med request any day soon we hope. What was the waiting list like for getting your appt?

In ref to Removals, we had alot of quotes and have gone with a company called 'Fox International', all our stuff currently in storage with them (we sold our house end of July '07 and currently in small rented house) awaiting instruction to transfer to BC. Our stuff will fit approx half 20ft container excl insurance £1150. Service rec'd todate has been brillant, but obviously haven't rec'd at the other end yet.
Regards
Hi Peter, well done on the meds.. and for your pending escape from Lowestoft
I was wondering how you work out whats fits what size container? do they stack or are we talking a floor covering? any ideas?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
Foxs were excellent and then Tippett and Richardson in Calgary were really good too!

Congrats and the best of luck guys, I know Lowestoft well and believe me, I wouldn't regret leaving there to come here for one minute!

All the best
Mrs M x
Cheers Mrs Miggins, Will give them a try. Lowestoft not getting any better, can't wait to leave....

Polar Bear...No idea. Other threads I have read seem to indicate that 20" should be enough. Other than the sofa I can Flat Pack most of our stuff. Will have to wait and se wahat the companies say !!
Pete