Medicals delayed due to pregnancy

Old May 27th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

shabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura about
Default Medicals delayed due to pregnancy

Hello everyone

We applied under the FSW in January last year. we got our medical requests in November 09 and we promptly got ours done then. however, other half could not get her chest x ray done as she was pregnant. We sent our medicals to the canadian high commission and they have sent a letter saying that we need to send her chest xray after the delivery of the baby(end of July), along with the baby's birth certificate and pictures.

my question is would our medicals expire in november this year? if so then would we have to do it again if by that time we have not been issued visas? lastly do the police certificates also have an expiry date?

any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck with your application.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals delayed due to pregnancy

To be honest I would have told CIC that partner was pregnant before proceeding with medicals. We were in same position but let them know and they advised that we all wait until after birth of baby for this very reason, so our medicals did not expire.

Worth sending them an email but I think you may have to do again sadly.

Oh and the police check will be fine, we were not asked for updated ones.

EDIT:

Not so sure now about police certificates after reading the below thread but most cases take more than 6 months after submission of documents (old system anyhow) so not sure who true this is:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=669853

Last edited by delsol79; May 27th 2010 at 4:24 pm.
Old May 27th 2010, 5:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by shabyee
Hello everyone

We applied under the FSW in January last year. we got our medical requests in November 09 and we promptly got ours done then. however, other half could not get her chest x ray done as she was pregnant. We sent our medicals to the canadian high commission and they have sent a letter saying that we need to send her chest xray after the delivery of the baby(end of July), along with the baby's birth certificate and pictures.

my question is would our medicals expire in november this year? if so then would we have to do it again if by that time we have not been issued visas? lastly do the police certificates also have an expiry date?

any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck with your application.
Your medicals will expire in Nov/10.
Old May 28th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

shabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys for your help.I am hoping that we can send out my wife's chest xray in early august and get our passport requests quickly enough. Do you guys think that it's possible to get our visas before November? Thanks
Old May 28th 2010, 9:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by shabyee
Thanks guys for your help.I am hoping that we can send out my wife's chest xray in early august and get our passport requests quickly enough. Do you guys think that it's possible to get our visas before November? Thanks
I wouldn't count on it as the child will have to obtain a passport and you amend your application and then wait for the medical instructions for the child. The medical has to be done, then reviewed adding at least a month after the child has the medical.
Old May 30th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

we were in the same situation as you guys, we found out that joanne my partner was pregnant and we explained this to the doctor and made sure it would be ok before we travelled down to halifax for nothing, she is due end of july, and we talked to the doctor and because she was over a certain amount of weeks she could have a xray done, with no effect, we had them done in march