Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

medicals completed but a problem !

medicals completed but a problem !

Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough
Default medicals completed but a problem !

Hi all

Wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation and can give us advice. We had our medicals on monday at Leeds, hubby and kids did fine, however the previous friday i had been told by my own GP that i require a minor op to remove an endometrial polyp (woman thing ) Worried all weekend whether to mention at medical, then my urine sample showed up blood twice so felt i had to mention it and hoped that the doc would go " oh yea right no problem then" wishful thinking and stupidness on my part i think as his reaction was " oh well we need results of scan, hospital correspondance and histology results" then ticked box d - requires further investigation.

My question is has anyone had a similar experience and will CIC wait for the results or will they just deny us a visa ?? After 3yrs i cannot believe its all gone so pearshaped at the 11th hour, we are supposed to send our passports off 30 days after medicals, i will still do this as advised to by the doc. but now worried they will just come back with rejection letter.

aaaaargh !!

Traci
Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals completed but a problem !

Hi

Originally Posted by lowbo
Hi all

Wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation and can give us advice. We had our medicals on monday at Leeds, hubby and kids did fine, however the previous friday i had been told by my own GP that i require a minor op to remove an endometrial polyp (woman thing ) Worried all weekend whether to mention at medical, then my urine sample showed up blood twice so felt i had to mention it and hoped that the doc would go " oh yea right no problem then" wishful thinking and stupidness on my part i think as his reaction was " oh well we need results of scan, hospital correspondance and histology results" then ticked box d - requires further investigation.

My question is has anyone had a similar experience and will CIC wait for the results or will they just deny us a visa ?? After 3yrs i cannot believe its all gone so pearshaped at the 11th hour, we are supposed to send our passports off 30 days after medicals, i will still do this as advised to by the doc. but now worried they will just come back with rejection letter.

aaaaargh !!

Traci
1. They will further the medical for results from the treating physician.
2. If they intend to refuse after receiving further results (unlikely) you would be sent a "fairness" letter where you would be able to refute the finding that you would cause "excessive demand".
3. It is going to add time to the application.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough

PMM

Thanks for the reply, adding time to the application we can live with, total refusal not so easy. So thanks for answering it has made me feel a little better.

Traci
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi lowbo,
Dont worry. They will look at your histo report just to confirm that the growth (polyp in ur case) is benign. And as far as I know most of the endometrial "polyps" are bengin.
Good luck
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

lisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Traci,

Quick question - how do you know you have to send your passports off 30 days after medicals - I thought you had to wait until you were contacted again from High Commission in London letting you know if you had been accepted or not. Hubby and I did our medicals on 01st July and were not told anything by doctor about sending off our passports

Lisa
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Hi... hey don't worry... you will be fine... you will need to have recent medical reports from your gynaecologist with the prognosis of your case... it sound to me that after surgery you will be back to normal...

And Lisa... about the passport request after 30 days... Lowbo was one of those lucky ones who get this on the Medical request letter... CIC asks some to send passports 30 days after medical... the doctor has nothing to do with this... CIC decides who... We weren't asked to send passports either... just to get medicals done and to send the RPRF...

Good Luck Lowbo... hang in there!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

lisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the roughlisa387 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Yalily, thought I had missed something, just need to be patient now and wait it out
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all, for your answers definitely made me feel a bit better.

and yes as Yalily said we were asked on our medical requests to send passports off 30 days after date of medicals. It seems quite bizarre at the moment as to who gets what letters !!

Thanks again

Traci