Medicals in Birmingham UK

Old Sep 4th 2005, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals in Birmingham UK

Anyone ever had one - any comments good or bad ??
Old Sep 4th 2005, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

fi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud offi_broon has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medicals in Birmingham UK

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
I live in Sutton Coldfield, so the Birmingham clinics were an obvious choice for me but the waiting list was horrendous so we ended up driving down to Oxford (who were excellent btw). I believe the Nottingham doc is pretty good too.

Let us know how you get on. When are you making the big move?

Fi
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fi_broon
I live in Sutton Coldfield, so the Birmingham clinics were an obvious choice for me but the waiting list was horrendous so we ended up driving down to Oxford (who were excellent btw). I believe the Nottingham doc is pretty good too.

Let us know how you get on. When are you making the big move?

Fi
Many thanks.

AOR is Aug 2004 so, hopefully, will get medical request early in the New Year and will land by Summer 2006 at the latest (allowing for medicals requests to come through later than I hope)

Not long for you now - lucky bugger
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

dreamer04 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Bristol but could not get booked into the Dr close to us so we went to Handsworth Wood medical centre in Birmingham. Can only say the service was second to none. They were officiant and really put us all at ease. They were also very good with the girls (aged 4 & 5) and put them at ease. It made it easier as they do the x-rays in the same place so saves traveling around.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreamer04
We are in Bristol but could not get booked into the Dr close to us so we went to Handsworth Wood medical centre in Birmingham. Can only say the service was second to none. They were officiant and really put us all at ease. They were also very good with the girls (aged 4 & 5) and put them at ease. It made it easier as they do the x-rays in the same place so saves traveling around.
Many thanks

How "hands on" were they, ie did you get to keep all of your undies on or were breasts and testicles checked.

I'm not a pervert, my wife is very shy and wants to avoid this if possible
Old Sep 4th 2005, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

dreamer04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks

How "hands on" were they, ie did you get to keep all of your undies on or were breasts and testicles checked.

I'm not a pervert, my wife is very shy and wants to avoid this if possible
No chance of getting away with it. We all ended up on the couch at some point during the appointment. My husband had the "cough test" :scared: which wasn`t as bad as we thought as the Dr tested in a less invasive way (i.e my husband kept his trousers on). Even our girls ended up in just their pants as they had an abdominal check for hernias etc. I did have to have a breast check. It wasn`t that bad just a bit embarrassing.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dreamer04
No chance of getting away with it. We all ended up on the couch at some point during the appointment. My husband had the "cough test" :scared: which wasn`t as bad as we thought as the Dr tested in a less invasive way (i.e my husband kept his trousers on). Even our girls ended up in just their pants as they had an abdominal check for hernias etc. I did have to have a breast check. It wasn`t that bad just a bit embarrassing.
I'll let her know. We have heard that Horsham do not do the "whole thing" although it is a long way to travel
Old Sep 4th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

We had are medicals at Horsham on Friday strongly recommend them but alas no cough test but the Doc has bean doing them for 20 years so was well up with procedure and paperwork plus very quick turnaround.
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
We had are medicals at Horsham on Friday strongly recommend them but alas no cough test but the Doc has bean doing them for 20 years so was well up with procedure and paperwork plus very quick turnaround.
Many thanks - Horsham it is then !!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

My husband just called the Handsworth site, apparently they have openings for medicals daily from the 20th of September onwards, so the wait isn't too long. The whole process is estimated to take under 3 hours, including blood tests, x-rays, etc. The number for the site is now 0845 0730399 (it's changed since the CIC website), and if you don't press 1 when it prompts, you get put straight through to reception bypassing the long phone queue...nice!
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

bart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud ofbart2804 has much to be proud of

Medicals are pretty straightforward, it sounds daft but I was more worried about producing a sample when asked than anything else, so I made sure I drank a lot of water before I went in!!