Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

medicals away... now when do I send money?

medicals away... now when do I send money?

Old May 24th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default medicals away... now when do I send money?

Just a quick question. We had our medicals a couple of weeks ago and I've had confirmation from the practice that they've been sent off to CIC London. When they sent the med requests they also asked for the RPRF payment to be made. So do I send that separately just now? Do I do the bank draft thing again, same as with the last payment? Or do I wait till they ask for passports and then send it with the passports (as then we'll know everything has been successful!) I don't want to delay the process by not paying quickly, but I also don't want to pay, have them cash the draft, and then find there's some issue (even though the doctors told us there were none!)

Could this be the last CIC question I ask here...? Probably not
Old May 24th 2011, 8:50 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals away... now when do I send money?

They won't request your passports til you have paid them
I assume it's the same payment method as before , we sent all our fees up front( didn't stop them asking for the landing fee again !!) so can't help on that bit
Old May 25th 2011, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

OK bank draft it is then.. I'll see if I can get there tonight after work!
Thanks for the reply, I love this forum, there is always someone who can help
Old May 25th 2011, 3:09 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzi81
OK bank draft it is then.. I'll see if I can get there tonight after work!
Thanks for the reply, I love this forum, there is always someone who can help
Good luck, fingers x you get your ppr soon!
Old May 25th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

I assumed they would send you payment details, obviously not so will be watching this thread with interest. See this is what happens when your agent runs off with your money half way thru the process.
Old May 25th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
I assumed they would send you payment details, obviously not so will be watching this thread with interest. See this is what happens when your agent runs off with your money half way thru the process.
They did send a letter which requested payment and which had an address to send it to (I think) but they request this payment right at the start technically, but you don't have to pay it, so I wasn't sure if you could wait until you got the 100% all clear - ie. after they've checked the medicals - or whether you have to send it now and hope it's all OK. I'd rather pay when I know I have the right to permanent residence lol, but I guess I'm just paying now!

I'm assuming the 'agent' reference is in relation to yourself, because we've not used any agents, just done it all ourselves....
Old May 25th 2011, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I used an agent, we were on a tight timescale as my wife was hoping to do a degree at Toronto university starting 18 months from the time of application and we were worried that one tiny error on the forms could cause a delay meaning she would miss the start date, if only we knew.
Old May 25th 2011, 4:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

my wife was hoping to do a degree at Toronto university starting 18 months from the time of application and we were worried that one tiny error on the forms could cause a delay meaning she would miss the start date, if only we knew.
Sorry but I've got to ask - why didn't she just get a study permit?
Old May 25th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry but I've got to ask - why didn't she just get a study permit?
We are both fully committed to PR so thought as I am on "The LIST" we will go down FSW route then I can work and support us for the first 12 months while she completes her top up studies. Then she can work also. Was I wrong???
Old May 25th 2011, 4:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We are both fully committed to PR so thought as I am on "The LIST" we will go down FSW route then I can work and support us for the first 12 months while she completes her top up studies. Then she can work also. Was I wrong???
No, not wrong at all. But just wondered why she didn't get a study permit if she wanted to do a particular course so she didn't miss out. You'd have got an open work permit anyway, so could have supported her, and you could have applied for PR at the same time.

When does the course start, can she still do it?
Old May 25th 2011, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

No, not wrong at all. But just wondered why she didn't get a study permit if she wanted to do a particular course so she didn't miss out. You'd have got an open work permit anyway, so could have supported her, and you could have applied for PR at the same time.

When does the course start, can she still do it?
We were led to believe that I couldn't work, maybe we should have asked here and not an agent. The course starts in July and every July.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

We were led to believe that I couldn't work, maybe we should have asked here and not an agent. The course starts in July and every July.
Are you definitely using a licensed CSIC immigration consultant? Sounds to me like the person you've got hasn't got a clue what they're doing!

You could still apply for a study permit if you wanted - only takes approx 6 weeks. And yes, you can work, the spouse of a study permit gets an open work permit for the same duration i.e. if it was a 3 year study permit, you'd get a 3 year work permit. Then you could await PR in Canada whilst your OH does her course.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Are you definitely using a licensed CSIC immigration consultant? Sounds to me like the person you've got hasn't got a clue what they're doing!
Yes, we checked their creds etc. The problem arose when the Canadian government increased the fees/costs that agents have to pay. We were then informed that it was no longer financially worth working as a agent and they ceased operating. I have since checked the site and they have been suspended for failure to renew licence.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, we checked their creds etc. The problem arose when the Canadian government increased the fees/costs that agents have to pay. We were then informed that it was no longer financially worth working as a agent and they ceased operating. I have since checked the site and they have been suspended for failure to renew licence.
Oh bum. Not good! Even so, that doesn't excuse them not knowing something as basic as the fact that the spouse of a study permit holder can work.
Old May 25th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh bum. Not good! Even so, that doesn't excuse them not knowing something as basic as the fact that the spouse of a study permit holder can work.
Maybe that route was not as financially rewarding for them or am I being bitter? Still we received AOR 13 months ago so hopefully we will get there in the end.