Medicals Aug

Old Oct 26th 2005, 2:40 am
hnr
Just Joined

hnr is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Medicals Aug

Hi everyone,

I wish to know the regular waiting period for PPR, after sending in the Medicals and additional documents (latest PCC & ROLF).

My timeline so far:

Skilled Worker (London)

Sent Appl: Jan 04
AOR: Feb 04 (Stating 18 months)
Interview: Not required
Medicals/Add Doc: Aug 05
Sent Meds: Sept 05
Sent Add Doc: Sept 05
PPR: Waiting

Last edited by hnr; Oct 26th 2005 at 2:51 am.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:14 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medicals Aug

There is not one according to some people claiming to be immigration experts. BUT according to people that have met immigration guys at shows, or being sent emails form CHC, and had it from the horses mouth so to speak, they have been told 4-6 weeks from medicals received ( London applicants) There are two databases going back a couple of years on different forums for people applying through London. The "average" is definately 4-6 weeks with 8 weeks being the longest I have seen.
I am at 6 weeks and fit to burst, with house sale completion looming, flights booked, dog booked, removals booked. They better come through in a few weeks, or we will be homeless, kennel less, and flight less!

I have made a back up plan if we dont get passport requests before flights leave in December, and can put on hold landing but we had to make some decisions now. We have had to take a gamble though and we may have to opt for plan "B "at the 11th hour. Flights are ridiculous price in weeks before Xmas, and we save about £3000 by going in mid December if possible.
We'll use the flights for a holiday if we dont get PPrequest, as it will cost as much to stay in Uk in holiday rental as flights. I can t beleive I am still as stressed as I was before the medical requests!

know the regular waiting period for PPR, after sending in the Medicals and additional documents (latest PCC & ROLF).

My timeline so far:

Skilled Worker (London)

Sent Appl: Jan 04
AOR: Feb 04 (Stating 18 months)
Interview: Not required
Medicals/Add Doc: Aug 05
Sent Meds: Sept 05
Sent Add Doc: Sept 05
PPR: Waiting [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 26th 2005, 4:43 am
Tab
Forum Regular

Tab is on a distinguished road
Default Gooding

Gooding:

With all you have riding on prompt processing, have you emailed to ask when you might expect a ppr?

I was expecting a ppr through Buffalo as of August, but when I emailed, they responded "early 2006." It was a disappointment, but at least I will not be homeless in December.

If you do contact CIC, please let us know how they reply.

Best of luck to you.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

gopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant futuregopher has a brilliant future

we applied through london as skilled worker but moved over on a work permit in the meantime.we did our medicals in calgary over 9 wks ago and are still waiting to hear...
Old Oct 26th 2005, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

denmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nicedenmac37 is just really nice
Smile Re: Medicals Aug

Hi gooding,
We done our medicals on 8/9/05 meds should of been sent 16/9/05 from Altrincham. The doctor said ppr officially was 7 weeks but was normally quicker.We to are still waiting to hear after 6 weeks, i think i will fax CIC if i don't hear anything soon .I would love to be in your position with your house being sold as we have not had a sniff yet.I'm sure the brown envelope will be on your's and our doormat soon.good luck.
Den.
Old Oct 26th 2005, 11:30 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gooding

I am ever the optomist, and love taking gambles.! I did fax CHC but have not got a reply this time. Despite, them relying in the past next day by phone. Both times it was because of errors they made regarding medicals, so I took a chance they may this time.

Our stuff can go into storage,we can rent a holiday home here for short term if we really have to. But when you get an offer like we did for our house with quick completion, we could not say no. Especially as others have taken months and got nowhere with house sales. We had intended to sell anyway, it is just so close to a possible outcome from immigration we new we had to do it.
We wont lose out on flights as these can be transferred, or changed if we dont use them.
It would just be so nice to get PPr's before house completion. Our whole immigration process, house build in Canada, getting credit cards buying cars etc. and house sale here has just gone like a dream. Our kids are all happy and life just feels good. It would just be a shame if our bubble got burst at this late stage.

We have made friends alraady in Canada, have fantastic neighbours, Have bank accounts set up and running, credit cards and bought a car, and we have not even moved there yet. We have been back several times in last 2 years, and want this to be one way. I even have a potential job for when I get there, and that came about by pure luck, and being in the wrong place at the right time! The sooner we get there the better.

Originally Posted by Tab
Gooding:

With all you have riding on prompt processing, have you emailed to ask when you might expect a ppr?

I was expecting a ppr through Buffalo as of August, but when I emailed, they responded "early 2006." It was a disappointment, but at least I will not be homeless in December.

If you do contact CIC, please let us know how they reply.

Best of luck to you.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:00 am
hnr
Just Joined

hnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gooding,
Thank you. The waiting period now reduced to just five to 6 weeks some how seems like a longer wait than the other. It’s almost 4 weeks since I have sent my papers. I am also waiting for my Capis report, which is due shortly.

[QUOTE=gooding]There is not one according to some people claiming to be immigration experts. BUT according to people that have met immigration guys at shows, or being sent emails form CHC, and had it from the horses mouth so to speak, they have been told 4-6 weeks from medicals received ( London applicants) There are two databases going back a couple of years on different forums for people applying through London. The "average" is definately 4-6 weeks with 8 weeks being the longest I have seen.
I am at 6 weeks and fit to burst, with house sale completion looming, flights booked, dog booked, removals booked. They better come through in a few weeks, or we will be homeless, kennel less, and flight less!

I have made a back up plan if we dont get passport requests before flights leave in December, and can put on hold landing but we had to make some decisions now. We have had to take a gamble though and we may have to opt for plan "B "at the 11th hour. Flights are ridiculous price in weeks before Xmas, and we save about £3000 by going in mid December if possible.
We'll use the flights for a holiday if we dont get PPrequest, as it will cost as much to stay in Uk in holiday rental as flights. I can t beleive I am still as stressed as I was before the medical requests!