Wikiposts

Medicals

Old May 16th 2013, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Deb.3 is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals

Hi All, wonder if anyone can give us any info , my family and i had our medicals done and were sent off on the 18th April '13, could anyone tell me how long they waited for the yay or nay for PR, we are hoping to go to BC. we have completed everything else and my son who is sponsoring us ,had confirmation that that the sponsorship has been accepted. so just waiting for this final hurdle. :fingerscrossed
Old May 19th 2013, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Deb.3
Hi All, wonder if anyone can give us any info , my family and i had our medicals done and were sent off on the 18th April '13, could anyone tell me how long they waited for the yay or nay for PR, we are hoping to go to BC. we have completed everything else and my son who is sponsoring us ,had confirmation that that the sponsorship has been accepted. so just waiting for this final hurdle. :fingerscrossed
Hi and welcome- I felt I had to reply as plenty had looked but not bothered to reply to you.

When we did ours in 2001- we had our medicals in July 2001, bear in mind I had a previous medical condition, we heard good news in January 2002. This did not leave us much time to get to Canada! However we were happy to have positive answer!!

Good Luck!
Old May 19th 2013, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

As per my timeline, it was approx 3 1/2 months from medicals to COPR...

Last edited by DandNHill; May 19th 2013 at 12:55 pm. Reason: iPad playing tricks on me again!
Old May 19th 2013, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Just over 2 weeks for us
Old May 19th 2013, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

We were in Canada already PNP Ontario, meds done November 2011, 10 months later PPR September 2012, COPR 2 weeks later.

Good luck!
Old May 19th 2013, 11:55 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deb.3
Hi,

Every VO has a different way of processing, some VO send MR with or soon after AOR. Some like London, don't send MR for around 3 months after AOR. In our case we paid RPRF in Apr & have just completed E-Meds. We have been in process since 10th April. So as long as the RMO deems our med results sufficient, we should get PPR in the next 3 weeks or so

Incidentally, the processing times for London PNP applicants has jumped to 26 months and London VO website has changed their web site to reflect this!!

Regards

Andrew
Old May 20th 2013, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Deb.3 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying
Old May 20th 2013, 1:49 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Incidentally, the processing times for London PNP applicants has jumped to 26 months and London VO website has changed their web site to reflect this!!
26 months what they doing using the applications as door stops?
Old May 20th 2013, 1:55 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
26 months what they doing using the applications as door stops?
probably, but this timeline mainly applies to all the non UK citizen applications that London also process ie Pakistan, Kuwait etc

Regards

Andrew
Old May 21st 2013, 1:20 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

probably, but this timeline mainly applies to all the non UK citizen applications that London also process ie Pakistan, Kuwait etc

Regards

Andrew
In my experience (2010-2013) with an FSW1 application through CIC London, any posted timeline applies to all applicants that London processes. CIC seem not to be selective over your nationality or global location when processing applications. To this day I believe that was a contributing factor to a lot of us 2010 FSW 1 UK applicants being slowed right up around the time that CIC decided to transfer all of Islamabad's applicants to London. Average processing times piled on the weeks with alarming frequency after that. Islamabad applicants were being processed based on the same timelines as everyone else.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:42 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
In my experience (2010-2013) with an FSW1 application through CIC London, any posted timeline applies to all applicants that London processes. CIC seem not to be selective over your nationality or global location when processing applications. To this day I believe that was a contributing factor to a lot of us 2010 FSW 1 UK applicants being slowed right up around the time that CIC decided to transfer all of Islamabad's applicants to London. Average processing times piled on the weeks with alarming frequency after that. Islamabad applicants were being processed based on the same timelines as everyone else.
Family class seems to ground to a halt in recent weeks as far as I can tell but middle eastern applications through London do seem to be purely economic. Hopefully they start pumping out the approvals in the coming days.

Seem to have fits and spurts of activity for a few weeks then a few weeks off.

Infuriating!
Old May 21st 2013, 9:12 pm
Andrew

Hi James,

I don't think it applies to the PNP stream, if you look at my timeline I am near the end (Unless further meds are requested) and my Federal Application was submitted to NS on 5th Dec 12 so just over 5 months to date. So unless its going to take another 20 months for me to get COPR, the PNP processing time stated (26 Months) does not make any sense, even FSW processing time stated is 21 months, PNP route is much quicker?

Hope you are all setteling in ok?

Regards

Andrew
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:09 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi James,

I don't think it applies to the PNP stream, if you look at my timeline I am near the end (Unless further meds are requested) and my Federal Application was submitted to NS on 5th Dec 12 so just over 5 months to date. So unless its going to take another 20 months for me to get COPR, the PNP processing time stated (26 Months) does not make any sense, even FSW processing time stated is 21 months, PNP route is much quicker?

Hope you are all setteling in ok?

Regards

Andrew
I hear you Andrew.

PNP has generally been much quicker than FSW. Mind you there has often been no rhyme nor reason to the way CIC process applications.
I remember an FSW1 applicant that applied about 10 months (ish) after us.. they were through in about 10 months settling in Canada and many of us were still waiting to be processed. Meanwhile thousands of other 2010 FSW applicants were still wondering how the hell that happened.

Hope you get your COPR through soon. I agree 26 months seems a little out of whack!

Yep! Settling in like a dream. It's one of the best things we've done in our life as a couple.
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:13 am
Andrew

I hear you Andrew.

PNP has generally been much quicker than FSW. Mind you there has often been no rhyme nor reason to the way CIC process applications.
I remember an FSW1 applicant that applied about 10 months (ish) after us.. they were through in about 10 months settling in Canada and many of us were still waiting to be processed. Meanwhile thousands of other 2010 FSW applicants were still wondering how the hell that happened.

Hope you get your COPR through soon. I agree 26 months seems a little out of whack!

Yep! Settling in like a dream. It's one of the best things we've done in our life as a couple.
Thanks for your good wishes and glad you are living the dream. So "one of the best things you have ever done in your life as a couple" I hope getting married was No1 or you are in big trouble with your OH

Keep in touch

Andrew