Medicals

Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals

Hi all,

Hope everyone's well today

What is tested when you do the medicals?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: Medicals

Here is a list of what happened with us.

X Ray - at private hospital

Standard tests on eyes (reading letters) ears and chest. She felt for any hernias. Blood test for STD's inc. Aids. Chat about medical history. Height and weight, blood pressure, test urine.

My wife didn't get subjected to a naked look and examination of her Breasts like others do.

I think if you search other threads you will see that like processing times, the medicals do differ slightly from DMP to DMP and even person to person

But not a lot to worry about. My BP was borderline through anxiety, she didn't even check it a second time or try to relax me. This led to a request for heart checks which were fine and proved that there is no blood pressure issues. However this has delayed everything by another 3 months and counting.

Unless you know you have an issue I am sure you will be fine.

JET
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply

We're both in good health so I'm not really concerned, it's more out of interest than anything.

Thanks again for the reply though!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by JET747
Here is a list of what happened with us.

X Ray - at private hospital

Standard tests on eyes (reading letters) ears and chest. She felt for any hernias. Blood test for STD's inc. Aids. Chat about medical history. Height and weight, blood pressure, test urine.

My wife didn't get subjected to a naked look and examination of her Breasts like others do.

I think if you search other threads you will see that like processing times, the medicals do differ slightly from DMP to DMP and even person to person

But not a lot to worry about. My BP was borderline through anxiety, she didn't even check it a second time or try to relax me. This led to a request for heart checks which were fine and proved that there is no blood pressure issues. However this has delayed everything by another 3 months and counting.

Unless you know you have an issue I am sure you will be fine.

JET
Hi Jet,

Which DMP did you use? We have ours booked in Horsham for this Friday

Binty
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

LaurenandLuke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

So when they ask you about medical history, I take it they just want to know if there is anything major wrong? You dont have to provide your medical records or anything?

L&L
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

We used Dr. Maxwell in Cardiff - as we live in South Wales and the costs were comparable with what else was on offer.

JET
Old Mar 10th 2010, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by JET747
We used Dr. Maxwell in Cardiff - as we live in South Wales and the costs were comparable with what else was on offer.

JET
Thanks, just curious.

Binty
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

canadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to all

We had ours in birmingham on the 2nd of March 2010.

Stage 1

Go through all forms and sign in front of person

Stage 2

Chest X-ray (11+ only)

Stage 3

Sight test, urine, blood (15+ only), BP, height and weight with nurse

Stage 4

Mobility test, chest check, tummy check, hearing and look in mouth with doctor.

I had a heart attack last year and was really nervous but was told by the doctor CIC do not care how healthy you are now, it is how healthy you are going to be. So if there are no longer term risks, your fine.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:25 am
Just Joined

newjerseychick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canadian_bacon_boy
We had ours in birmingham on the 2nd of March 2010.

Stage 1

Go through all forms and sign in front of person

Stage 2

Chest X-ray (11+ only)

Stage 3

Sight test, urine, blood (15+ only), BP, height and weight with nurse

Stage 4

Mobility test, chest check, tummy check, hearing and look in mouth with doctor.

I had a heart attack last year and was really nervous but was told by the doctor CIC do not care how healthy you are now, it is how healthy you are going to be. So if there are no longer term risks, your fine.
Hi

Just a question - Has anyone passed the medical but had sight problems? My husband is blind in one eye and after reading the above i'm concerned he may be refused on medical grounds? Is it possible to e-mail CIC and ask prior to applying?

Anne-Marie
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LaurenandLuke
Hi,

So when they ask you about medical history, I take it they just want to know if there is anything major wrong? You dont have to provide your medical records or anything?

L&L
If you have any health issue which you think might lead to a request for further tests, you would be best to take a report from your doctor. Otherwise, no records needed.

My OH had fluctuating blood pressure so we paid for a report from our doc saying he had checked it out and no underlying causes - probably due to work pressures and that lifestyle advice had been given. On the day his bp was fine and the DMP threw the report in the bin. It cost £50 but gave us peace of mind as further tests for an issue such as raised bp could have been costly.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi,

Don't forget that if you are a male aged over 55.....your prostate will be checked too!!

steveh
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by newjerseychick
Hi

Just a question - Has anyone passed the medical but had sight problems? My husband is blind in one eye and after reading the above i'm concerned he may be refused on medical grounds? Is it possible to e-mail CIC and ask prior to applying?

Anne-Marie
Hi i have had a retinal detachment and although I have some sight in the eye on the day of the exam I couldn't make anything out on the chart, I'm sure they had shrunk the letters Having said that I passed, I think they are only concerned about what you are gonna cost the health system....good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Without meaning to sound horrible....that is what we thought and then they found a heart murmur and irregular pulse that I did not know I had...so led to other tests. Please try not to be complacent.......it shocked the hell out of me. I am okay....but the very thought that after winning in Federal Court after we were initially refused....then to maybe fail on medical grounds...gave me a few moments...I can tell you.
I'm sure you will be fine...but you don't always know if you are not. Good luck with it all though.
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Thanks for the reply

We're both in good health so I'm not really concerned, it's more out of interest than anything.

Thanks again for the reply though!