Medicals ?

Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals ?

hmm, I'm wondering if we've missed a trick somewhere... might ring the agent. There was some discussion about submission of passports, but as we are expecting spec med review we haven't sent them, as didn't want them to disappear into the ether forever, never to be seen again...

am now wondering whether we should have sent them, and it would have triggered, um, something...
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Pengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nice

Originally Posted by omro
Awesome, I'm glad that it all happened within the time period that we predicted! :-)

I freaked out thinking that OMG they are going to find something I didn't know I had, but nothing cropped up, so all is good!

People are saying that visas come back around 3 weeks after you send the passports into the HC. I'm hoping mine comes back soon!!
Oh I hope so for you too !! Fingers crossed !!

Am going to treat myself to a slap up tea and a humungous bottle of wine on Wednesday night !!!!

Because I deserve it !!

lol .. Peng !
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

omro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbiem
hmm, I'm wondering if we've missed a trick somewhere... might ring the agent. There was some discussion about submission of passports, but as we are expecting spec med review we haven't sent them, as didn't want them to disappear into the ether forever, never to be seen again...

am now wondering whether we should have sent them, and it would have triggered, um, something...
The same letter asking me to do the medical asked for the passports. I was given 60 days from the letter's date to do both medicals and send in the passports. If you've gotten a letter asking you to do the medical, does it not ask you to submit your passports too?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pengy
Oh I hope so for you too !! Fingers crossed !!

Am going to treat myself to a slap up tea and a humungous bottle of wine on Wednesday night !!!!

Because I deserve it !!

lol .. Peng !
You do indeed!! And if you've been waiting anywhere near as long as I have for my Visa, then yuo deserve it even more so! I've waited 10% of my life for this visa to come through! When mine comes through and I flagpole and it's all "real" I'm going to have a humungous party to celebrate!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

The same letter asking me to do the medical asked for the passports. I was given 60 days from the letter's date to do both medicals and send in the passports. If you've gotten a letter asking you to do the medical, does it not ask you to submit your passports too?
gawd knows, to be honest... will have to dig the file out - I think the first one did, but all subsequent communication from the agent <deep sigh> suggests waiting for passport request...

Our med requests arrived 6 weeks before we were (temp) moving to Alberta with work lol (coincidentally - it's not like we knew that would happen when we applied in 2006!) and we had already shipped all our stuff. We managed to get med appointments in Calgary the week we arrived.

I don't fancy CIC holding the passports for a year or more though - we are expecting a bit of a wait!

I think I'm going to e-mail as suggested on the other thread - a quick case-specific enquiry/ confirmation of meds receipt - 'have you got them?'
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Pengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nice

You do indeed!! And if you've been waiting anywhere near as long as I have for my Visa, then yuo deserve it even more so! I've waited 10% of my life for this visa to come through! When mine comes through and I flagpole and it's all "real" I'm going to have a humungous party to celebrate!
Make sure you post on here when that happens .. will raise a glass of champers in your honour !!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Will do :-)