Medicals!

Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

dsd1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals!

Finally got the medicals come through.. can anyone recommended any good doctors from the list from the CHC website. I'm in the east midlands area... dont mind travelling if i can find someone who'll send the paperwork of ASAP.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals!

If you don't mind travelling to Leeds, I found them to be very efficient and prompt in sending the paperwork off.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

We had a really good experience at Altringham and they were cheaper than most as well, very organised explained everything clearly. Would highly recommend them.

congratulations on the medicals
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough

hi
my son is booked in for next week at Altrincham; very efficient on the phone etc;
price for med and xrays 200 pounds;
will let you know what he thinks next week if you want
regards Jackie
Old Jun 20th 2009, 7:27 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by flower-power
hi
my son is booked in for next week at Altrincham; very efficient on the phone etc;
price for med and xrays 200 pounds;
will let you know what he thinks next week if you want
regards Jackie
Did ours in Birmingham, had a few hiccups but they were great and saw us through this stressful time, I have my passport request now!!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

dave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant futuredave 2 has a brilliant future

We are in the East Midlands too, Leicester, we are travelling up to Altrincham for our Meds on Friday. Have heard good reports about them, so giving them a try.

£200 for meds and xray.

Will update after the medical to give you and others insight into what our experience was like!
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Dis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura aboutDis-Illusionist has a spectacular aura about

Did ours in Birmingham, had a few hiccups but they were great and saw us through this stressful time, I have my passport request now!!!!!!
Question for 'tmb', we had our Medical Requests today aswell, where in Birmingham did you go and how much did it cost per person?

....and what were the Hiccups?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

flower-power will become famous soon enoughflower-power will become famous soon enough

looks like its a thumbs up for Altrincham then!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

Our closest DMP is in Winchester. Prices quoted are more expensive than those above - but no waiting list! Anybody used their services? What is the quickest 'turnaround' time to expect for the documents back to CHC?

Thanks.
J2FCM
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave 2
£200 for meds and xray.
Is that £200 per person?

I think I'm going to need to get a second job......lol

There are 6 of us in my family - me, my wife, 2 sons (aged 18 and 16) and 2 daughters (aged 13 and 9).

I'm guessing that's 3 adult fees and 3 children's - any idea what bill that's going to rack up. I wonder if I can negotiate a family bulk discount...
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joepublic
Is that £200 per person?

I think I'm going to need to get a second job......lol

There are 6 of us in my family - me, my wife, 2 sons (aged 18 and 16) and 2 daughters (aged 13 and 9).

I'm guessing that's 3 adult fees and 3 children's - any idea what bill that's going to rack up. I wonder if I can negotiate a family bulk discount...
OK, following on from my comment above, here's the price list from my nearest 'Designated Medical Practitioners':

By my reckoning I'll need to stump up £1,260 - is it me or does that sound a bit on the steep side?

I'm prepared to travel (I live in Bristol) - does anyone know of somewhere substantially cheaper which would be worth a bit of petrol money to get to in order to save a few quid?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

The Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really niceThe Marvins is just really nice

Originally Posted by dsd1976
Finally got the medicals come through.. can anyone recommended any good doctors from the list from the CHC website. I'm in the east midlands area... dont mind travelling if i can find someone who'll send the paperwork of ASAP.
Tudor Medicals in Nottingham were brilliant and they were able to tell us our results within a week.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:50 am
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

How many additional photos are required for the medical...? Is that another FOUR each - on top of the SIX I have already got for each family member. Are anymore photos required for any other part of the process? (I had hoped the eight I got printed by the photographer would be enough).

J2FCM
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

dsd1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the advice... this immigration thing is getting soooo expensive!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

AndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the roughAndyBCbound is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joepublic
OK, following on from my comment above, here's the price list from my nearest 'Designated Medical Practitioners':

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/5...lcentreour.jpg

By my reckoning I'll need to stump up £1,260 - is it me or does that sound a bit on the steep side?

I'm prepared to travel (I live in Bristol) - does anyone know of somewhere substantially cheaper which would be worth a bit of petrol money to get to in order to save a few quid?
It may be cheaperfor you to fly to Canada and get them done! we had ours done in Vancouver $720 for a family of four irrespective of age

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.