Wikiposts

Medicals

Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Fairy_Dust is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals

Hello,

Just to let you know we took our meds in Knightsbridge ( thanks to those who said it was quicker to do so) all very nice and straight forward. 1.5 hours for all 3 of us, and cost 247 pounds each. I must go back next week for water sample, so please be aware ladies, that you must have 5 clear days before or after your cycle, hope I can say that here, as now I have to go from Wisbech in Cambs back to London for this So thats another week to wait, so much waiting to do!!
Apart from that we think all is OK.
Will keep you posted what happens!!!!

Moira.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals

Moira,

Shame about the return trip.
I am going down with my wife and daughter on Monday 24th for an 11:00 hr appointment.
We live in Peterborough at the moment and wondered if you drove or used the train? I am just slightly worried about battling the London rush hour in car, but also the busy trains with a 4 month old in a buggy! Don't know which is best.
If anyone has driven down, is there easy parking nearby?

Jay
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Jay,

We went by train from Peterborough to Kings Cross, then took the tube (Piccadilly line) to Knightsbridge. This station brings you right outside Harrods. There are quite a few stairs there. The Doctors is literally 2 mins walk from the station.
We did have a wander, but didn't really see much parking, but quite a few wardens about!!
Hope this is some help to you, and all the best, they are really nice at the doctors.

Moira.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairy_Dust
Hello,

Just to let you know we took our meds in Knightsbridge ( thanks to those who said it was quicker to do so) all very nice and straight forward. 1.5 hours for all 3 of us, and cost 247 pounds each. I must go back next week for water sample, so please be aware ladies, that you must have 5 clear days before or after your cycle, hope I can say that here, as now I have to go from Wisbech in Cambs back to London for this So thats another week to wait, so much waiting to do!!
Apart from that we think all is OK.
Will keep you posted what happens!!!!

Moira.
Hi Fairy_Dust

Thanks for the 'cycle warning' I must admit it wouldn't be something I would have thought about. It was a tad unfair that they didn't tell you that when you made the appointment....after all if it could throw your results.......it is important. So thanks to you, us ladies can take note. We are in Peterborough. Good luck with your application, can't be too much waiting for you now, fingers crossed. Where do you plan to settle?
Cheer
Stef and Lins
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithjm
Moira,

Shame about the return trip.
I am going down with my wife and daughter on Monday 24th for an 11:00 hr appointment.
We live in Peterborough at the moment and wondered if you drove or used the train? I am just slightly worried about battling the London rush hour in car, but also the busy trains with a 4 month old in a buggy! Don't know which is best.
If anyone has driven down, is there easy parking nearby?

Jay
Hi smithjm

I'd let the train take the strain, although it could be a bit costly. Or you could drive part way down and then park at a closer rail station and train the remainder of the journey? Just a thought. Good luck with the medicals and application. Where do you plan to settle?

cheers
Stef and Lins
Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Stef and Lins,

We are going with the train as I really don't fancy getting stuck in London rush hour and being late for our Meds.
We are going to Calgary and hope to settle in Cochrane.
Where do you live in Peterborough, we are in Werrington Village.
How far through the process are you guys? Where are you going?

Jay
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi Fairy_Dust

Thanks for the 'cycle warning' I must admit it wouldn't be something I would have thought about. It was a tad unfair that they didn't tell you that when you made the appointment....after all if it could throw your results.......it is important. So thanks to you, us ladies can take note. We are in Peterborough. Good luck with your application, can't be too much waiting for you now, fingers crossed. Where do you plan to settle?
Cheer
Stef and Lins
Hi Stef and Lins,

To be fair they did mention it on the phone, but guess what, I decide to be awkward. We will probably settle in Ontario now, was to be Van.Island, but thats a bit expensive now, oh well. Anyway I try not to think too much till the next round, just incase.

Moira.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smithjm
Stef and Lins,

We are going with the train as I really don't fancy getting stuck in London rush hour and being late for our Meds.
We are going to Calgary and hope to settle in Cochrane.
Where do you live in Peterborough, we are in Werrington Village.
How far through the process are you guys? Where are you going?

Jay
Hi smithjm

We put our application in in Jan 06 AOR 30 Jan 06, so still a way to go. We are in Botolph Green, Orton Longueville. We ar planning to go to Windsor Ontario as we have friends who have preceeded us there and like the area, fancy a good summer and swimming pool and Air con, with four pretty distinct seasons and house prices half what they are in Alberta. Went to Calgary in July, but not for us as did not have any of the above.
Cheers
Stef and Lins
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fairy_Dust
Hi Stef and Lins,

To be fair they did mention it on the phone, but guess what, I decide to be awkward. We will probably settle in Ontario now, was to be Van.Island, but thats a bit expensive now, oh well. Anyway I try not to think too much till the next round, just incase.

Moira.
Hi Moira

See the post I have just done to smithjm about where we are planning to go.
cheers
Stef and Lins