Medicals @ Knightsbridge

Old Jan 29th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Medicals @ Knightsbridge

We had our meds yesterday at Knightsbridge. Family of four, daughter 15 and son 13. Cost just over £900 and we were there for 1 1/2 hours (1/2 hour waiting around between x-rays and doc).

My daughter and I had to take top clothes off and wear gowns. OH and son didn't(!). The children and I had a lady doctor and OH had a man. I had to go in with son, but daughter had to go in on her own.

X-rays, wee test, blood test, eyes, sight, ears, mouth, breathing, shoved in the back a few times (only me and OH), check abdomen, weight, height, breast examination (only me!) and loads of questions.

After our concerns about OH's blood pressure (and a doctor's report saying he suffers from white coat syndrome and bp has been fully investigated), his was way low on the day, and mine was raised (thankfully within limits). I usually have really low blood pressure but felt myself getting anxious during the hanging about. I think staying in a hotel the night before helped OH keep calm.

Declared my two c-sections - scar not checked but doc wanted to know reasons for the operations.

Doc talked to OH about his anxiety related to work incident (we took report from doc saying he's pretty much over it) and said absolutely no problem, He said he sees a lot of police officers with same. They are not, he said, looking for this sort of thing, more suggestions of mental health issues.

Nothing was flagged up on the day. Report to go to CHC by Wednesday. Now we wait!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals @ Knightsbridge

I guess you are relieved now its over!

When - or perhaps I should say IF our time ever comes - we are thinking between Knightsbridge or NumberOneHealth, so nice to hear it was a straightforward experience and not too traumatic.

Glad all went ok and hopefully you will be at the final hurdle soon
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jugapper
I guess you are relieved now its over!

When - or perhaps I should say IF our time ever comes - we are thinking between Knightsbridge or NumberOneHealth, so nice to hear it was a straightforward experience and not too traumatic.

Glad all went ok and hopefully you will be at the final hurdle soon
Hugely relieved! Apparently we saved around £200 by going to Knightsbridge as they do the x-rays on site, whereas you have to go down the road to a hospital with NumberOneHealth and it works our more expensive. We heard very good reports about both, but chose KB purely on a cost basis.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
We had our meds yesterday at Knightsbridge. Family of four, daughter 15 and son 13. Cost just over £900 and we were there for 1 1/2 hours (1/2 hour waiting around between x-rays and doc).

My daughter and I had to take top clothes off and wear gowns. OH and son didn't(!). The children and I had a lady doctor and OH had a man. I had to go in with son, but daughter had to go in on her own.

X-rays, wee test, blood test, eyes, sight, ears, mouth, breathing, shoved in the back a few times (only me and OH), check abdomen, weight, height, breast examination (only me!) and loads of questions.

After our concerns about OH's blood pressure (and a doctor's report saying he suffers from white coat syndrome and bp has been fully investigated), his was way low on the day, and mine was raised (thankfully within limits). I usually have really low blood pressure but felt myself getting anxious during the hanging about. I think staying in a hotel the night before helped OH keep calm.

Declared my two c-sections - scar not checked but doc wanted to know reasons for the operations.

Doc talked to OH about his anxiety related to work incident (we took report from doc saying he's pretty much over it) and said absolutely no problem, He said he sees a lot of police officers with same. They are not, he said, looking for this sort of thing, more suggestions of mental health issues.

Nothing was flagged up on the day. Report to go to CHC by Wednesday. Now we wait!
I hope you move smoothly to the passport requests!!

Cheers

Martin
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Bet you are glad that is all over now...another hurdle jumped. It just goes to show that the DMP's pretty much please themselves about the content of the medical exam....

My experiences were so different to yours and we went to the same place! None of us got thumped in the back, I did not have a Breast exam or questions asked about my two C sections....just lymph nodes under the arms checked. Self hubby and both sons were top half in gowns. Boys 12 and 14 had an abdom check and a peek down their undies....they were horrified....but I suppose that she was just checking they had 'tackle????'
Good luck with the rest of the process.
lol
Stef

Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Boys 12 and 14 had an abdom check and a peek down their undies....they were horrified....but I suppose that she was just checking they had 'tackle????'
Good luck with the rest of the process.
lol
Stef
No peek down the undies for my boys (big and small), I had warned them in advance that it had happened to yours and they were pretty relieved they didn't get the same treatment!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:09 am
Just Joined

mercury28 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going for our medicals in Knightsbridge on Monday!! We are getting slightly stressed about it, will be glad when it is over.

You say then do blood tests, is that just for HIV? Or do they do a full blood count?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear all went smoothly with all your meds
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mercury28
We are going for our medicals in Knightsbridge on Monday!! We are getting slightly stressed about it, will be glad when it is over.

You say then do blood tests, is that just for HIV? Or do they do a full blood count?
It really wasn't worth getting stressed about in the end, but I still did! They said blood test was for HIV and syphilis.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys for your good wishes!

They said they'd call if there were any problems with xrays/bloods/wee, so if we haven't heard by end of play Monday I guess we are OK with those.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya
We did get a call from the Radiographer next day to say that the slides (X-rays) had been viewed by the consultant and were clear.....I thought this was nice
Stef

Thanks guys for your good wishes!

They said they'd call if there were any problems with xrays/bloods/wee, so if we haven't heard by end of play Monday I guess we are OK with those.