Medical today...

Old May 3rd 2010, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice
Default Medical today...

Well folks, all the forms are now almost complete (spousal sponsorship route) ... and I have my medical today in just under 2 hours . After a virus last week, I'm now back to my fighting weight , feel great and really positive.

I'm late thirties, non-smoker, reasonable drinker and generally very healthy. Although I gave up most sports or anything active quite a few years ago and my only real exercise is running around after our 3 year old and a little bit of swimming, I can't help but have a slight worry that something may throw a spanner in the works to delay our application - hope this is totally unfounded but not sure how thorough these medicals are?

Anyway, wish me luck - I'll be back later to report how things went!
Old May 3rd 2010, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical today...

Good luck!
I think everyone worries a little about medicals - nothing to it!
Old May 4th 2010, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi Chobert......as you will see below I have just gone through my spousal sponsorship....and am the proud holder of a PR visa.

I believe that, for spousal sponsorship, the medical demands are slightly less rigorous. It seems to me that, as long as you dont have Tuberculosis or any other comunicable disease...or any other MAJOR health issues, you are likely to be OK.

I wish you all the very best for your medical and, as singingringingtree has said, we all worry....but most of us get through!

Good luck, steveh
Old May 4th 2010, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Thanks both .... and you were right... I'm back and it was a stroll in the park!
Nothing to worry about, clean bill of health from the Doc and X-ray seemed fine too (although these get checked and then returned to the doc shortly).

So paperwork just needs a final check and then it will be on it's way... and looking at the timelines in your sigs, we won't have long to wait!

Last edited by chobert; May 4th 2010 at 2:13 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 4th 2010, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

Hi chobert....glad to hear it went OK. Get those papers in and you won't have too long to wait for that magic piece of paper in your passport!!
Steveh