Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

medical timeline and residency fee - a little help please

medical timeline and residency fee - a little help please

Old May 4th 2010, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of
Default medical timeline and residency fee - a little help please

Hello all,

I am sure there is someone who can help. I am from the 2007 queue and received my medical request along with a request for residency fees in the middle of March this year. CIC have given me 90 days to take the medical. I am going to complete this on the 2nd June with my family, that gives me a few days grace before the cut-off date. The reason I'm delaying the medical is that I have had an operation and want as much time for healing and getting more mobile. I am going to write to CIC when I send the residency fee and explain the above. My simple question: Am I able to send the residency fee before the meds bearing in mind they requested them? The med results will be sent directly from Number One Health in London.
Old May 5th 2010, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical timeline and residency fee - a little help please

Hi

My understanding is that you can pay the Right of Permanent Residency Fee at any time.

Good luck with the medicals.

Poppit
Old May 5th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi

My understanding is that you can pay the Right of Permanent Residency Fee at any time.

Good luck with the medicals.

Poppit
Thank you Poppit. I took you up on that and went into the Embassy today and paid them. Thank you for your good thoughts on the medicals.
Old May 5th 2010, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Hi there!
I wouldnt send CIC a letter regarding your operation. After doing my meds yesterday the doctor told me to give CIC the least information possible. When you are taking your medicals you might want to bring a note from your regular doctor saying that you had this surgery and now you are fine. No long term costs expected. That"s what they want to hear usually....

all the best!!!
B.
Old May 5th 2010, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi laser558

Glad you have managed to pay your RPRF, it's one less thing to worry about.

On the medical front, don't volunteer too much information, just answer any questions they ask you truthfully. With regards the operation get a letter from your GP and submit this if required. I'll keep everything for you.

Once again, goodluck.

Poppit
Old May 5th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your thoughts. I didn't give too much away but the medical company had already asked for a report on the operation as this is standard practice. Thankfully, it is a very common operation and is not something that needs ongoing care so any doctor who knows their salts will appreciate that and communicate it accordingly. However, like anyone the medical does concern me so your continued positive thoughts are truly appreciated.
Old May 5th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Let us know how you get on with your medicals, you've waited a long time to get this far.

Best wishes

Poppit