Medical Test But am Pregnant

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough
Default Medical Test But am Pregnant

Can any one advice what i should do, My medical test request could come any time soon, but I have just found out that am pregnant and am not willing to expose the baby to any dangers. All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Test But am Pregnant

Originally Posted by jeff2679
Can any one advice what i should do, My medical test request could come any time soon, but I have just found out that am pregnant and am not willing to expose the baby to any dangers. All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

What dangers do you think that the baby might be exposed to? Presumably a chest radiograph? Do a search on here - there have been LOADS of threads about this. You can wear a protective guard to cover the pelvis.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:39 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
What dangers do you think that the baby might be exposed to? Presumably a chest radiograph? Do a search on here - there have been LOADS of threads about this. You can wear a protective guard to cover the pelvis.
I agree with the chest x-ray bit. Further info that may reassure you, a chest film is considered to have the same radiation dose as 2 or 3 days background radiation, or one transatlantic plane flight.

You can always wait until you have delivered to have the chest x-ray.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about

Hi

I have a friend that was pregnant at the time the medical request came and her and her husband decided to wait to get the medicals done. The applied through Buffalo and the Consulate did not find any problem in waiting for the medicals to be completed.

Paulo
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

noname is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
My wife went through with the test late in pregnancy. The radiographer shielded her very well before the x-ray was taken which was quite save for we did a lot of research before the medical. One thing I'll like to advice before you decide to go for the medical is make sure you will be travelling immediately or before your child is delivered because if the visa is issued and you have the baby here, you'll have to send everything back for cancellation and investigation done on your new baby. You can also contact CIC and have them suspend your medical until after you've had the baby. Don't forget, any addition to your family composition will have to go through the same process as before you got to this stage and can also be refused "if God forbids any thing medically wrong with your baby." In my case, we have landed, just waiting for the baby any time soon better than going through the sail speed process again.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

mdoc is a jewel in the roughmdoc is a jewel in the roughmdoc is a jewel in the roughmdoc is a jewel in the rough

talk to the doctor who is going to do the exam....they will have experience with this
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Khiran is an unknown quantity at this point

During my interview with the immigration officer, I mentioned that my wife is pregnant and he proposed himself to delay the medical till she deliver our babies (Twins). It will take you a couple of months more to update your file with the new family member but for me it was worth the hassle. I didn't want to risk even so I agree with many reviews threads that there is a kind of protection.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough

if am going on TWP and there is a new addition to my family why do i have to start the process all over again. As i understand it am the only one that will be doing the medical in my family as am in the medical field, I would have thought is inform CIC that i have a new baby for them to amend there record.
Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

if am going on TWP and there is a new addition to my family why do i have to start the process all over again. As i understand it am the only one that will be doing the medical in my family as am in the medical field, I would have thought is inform CIC that i have a new baby for them to amend there record.
Thanks
You wouldn't, but you didn't say you were on a TWP in your original post, how are we supposed to know that?

If you're waiting on a TWP medical to start a healthcare job, I assume you won't be able to start work at all until you've had it done. I don't know much about TWPs but you should probably make sure your other paperwork (job offer, LMO if applicable etc.) will still be valid by the time you get round to taking your medical.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:37 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
If you are on TWP then you may want to think about your job security when your employers discover you are pregnant.