Medical for Step Daughter

Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical for Step Daughter

So we have been accepted by British Columbia to go down the PR route and now are in the process of sending all the documents off to CIC.

In the meantime I am in the U.K until the 19th March and my partners daughter has agreed (currently!) to have a medical done.

I am well aware she doesnt need to have one done yet but the fact is I am home to take her and her mother will 100% not take her in the future. I am told they are also valid for 6 months or a year so it is worth the risk in our eyes otherwise we can forget it all together!

So my dliemma is I have looked up where to have the Medicals done on the link below, are these really the only places you can have them done? I do not have a vehicle she is at school etc so this is now a big bump in the way for us!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical for Step Daughter

I thought you couldn't get the medical done until CIC sent you the particular Medical form (complete with stamped photo) so you can't just go ahead and get them done without it. Maybe I'm wrong??
Old Mar 10th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
I thought you couldn't get the medical done until CIC sent you the particular Medical form (complete with stamped photo) so you can't just go ahead and get them done without it. Maybe I'm wrong??
It just gets better and better!!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow

Correct, as far as I am aware only spouses of Canadian citizens can get medical done before application otherwise everyone else has to wait for paperwork sent to them.

Yes you can only use recognized medical practitioners as per the CIC website and they will as routine ask if you have the paperwork

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Mar 11th 2013 at 1:05 am. Reason: sp
Old Mar 10th 2013, 11:41 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with the other replies you have to use the ones on the list and you can't just go ahead there are forms that cic send out which you have to take along