Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Status - Jim/Andrew pls help/advise

Medical Status - Jim/Andrew pls help/advise

Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Noah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Status - Jim/Andrew pls help/advise

Hello Jim/Andrew/All,

I had submitted my medicals in aug'04 and my wife (who is pregnant - delayed as per advise from OB for x-ray) in Sep'04 and till date haven't heard anything nor e-client (e-CAS) has updated the status with update except stating "In Process". I do know by sending a letter/fax to CIC might respond with some status...would this be a good move? My application was submitted/PROCESSING STARTED on Dec2003 in Buffalo,NY

I also read one of the thread where the applicant did get the status updated. Request you to pls let me know if there is any way i could call up or check with Candian Medical Dept regarding the status of my medicals.

I also understand that the validity of these medicals wont be beyond 12 months am i right?

Pls advise as to what are my best options of getting information.

Thanks,
Noel
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:50 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Status - Jim/Andrew pls help/advise

Did your wife finally undergo medicals? If not then no decision is yet made.

Did you formally notify visa post about the fact that your wife is pregnant and will undergo medicals after delivery?

No decision will be made if your wife still waits with her medicals.

Case may be closed if you wait too long without notifying visa post.

If baby is being born outside Canada you should also add baby to your case as soon as possible after birth and request medical forms for baby.

No final decision will be made until all family members undergo medicals.

Don't pay any attention to e-client.

Originally Posted by Noah
Hello Jim/Andrew/All,

I had submitted my medicals in aug'04 and my wife (who is pregnant - delayed as per advise from OB for x-ray) in Sep'04 and till date haven't heard anything nor e-client (e-CAS) has updated the status with update except stating "In Process". I do know by sending a letter/fax to CIC might respond with some status...would this be a good move? My application was submitted/PROCESSING STARTED on Dec2003 in Buffalo,NY

I also read one of the thread where the applicant did get the status updated. Request you to pls let me know if there is any way i could call up or check with Candian Medical Dept regarding the status of my medicals.

I also understand that the validity of these medicals wont be beyond 12 months am i right?

Pls advise as to what are my best options of getting information.

Thanks,
Noel
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew, really appreciate your response.

However i somehow forgot to clarify in my earlier post - that indeed i had notified Buffalo,CIC (fax/mail)and also forwarded a note from our OB stating my wife's X-Ray need to be delayed due to medical reasons. And later i did get her x-ray done and send it to CIC in Sept'04

CIC also did send a form for the baby and asked us to fill up and send it after the baby was born (due by Mar'05), this was before my wife medical reports were send.

After that there is absolutely no response from them and which is why i would like to know if there is any way i could atleast ascertain if they did receive all medical results and status of the same.

Appreciate if you could shed some thoughts and suggest.

Regards,
Noel
Old Feb 4th 2005, 7:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Buffalo is waiting for baby to be born if you have notified then that medicals will be delayed. If your wife completed medicals (including x-rays) and you want to have baby in Canada then you should have notified Buffalo about it and ask to proceed with application, if of course all other tasks are completed (including security check).

But most likely security check is not completed yet and you will have to add baby to your case when born - you will need to submit properly updated forms, baby's photos, passport, birth certificate and CAD 150 application fee and ask for medical forms for baby.

Originally Posted by Noah
Thanks Andrew, really appreciate your response.

However i somehow forgot to clarify in my earlier post - that indeed i had notified Buffalo,CIC (fax/mail)and also forwarded a note from our OB stating my wife's X-Ray need to be delayed due to medical reasons. And later i did get her x-ray done and send it to CIC in Sept'04

CIC also did send a form for the baby and asked us to fill up and send it after the baby was born (due by Mar'05), this was before my wife medical reports were send.

After that there is absolutely no response from them and which is why i would like to know if there is any way i could atleast ascertain if they did receive all medical results and status of the same.

Appreciate if you could shed some thoughts and suggest.

Regards,
Noel
Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Buffalo is waiting for baby to be born if you have notified then that medicals will be delayed. If your wife completed medicals (including x-rays) and you want to have baby in Canada then you should have notified Buffalo about it and ask to proceed with application, if of course all other tasks are completed (including security check).

But most likely security check is not completed yet and you will have to add baby to your case when born - you will need to submit properly updated forms, baby's photos, passport, birth certificate and CAD 150 application fee and ask for medical forms for baby.
Thanks Andrew once again,

Also is there a way to confirm what are they waiting if at all that is the case. Is it a good idea to call Buffalo and find this out or wait ????

Thanks,
Noel