Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Results sent to different Visa Office

Medical Results sent to different Visa Office

Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Results sent to different Visa Office

I am after some advice/help in relation to my Son,s medical. he is currently in living in America for the year. He is 18. He had his medical a couple of weeks ago in Detroit. He has just told me that he thinks the Dr,s have sent his medical results to the Ontario Visa office as the receptionist said that's where they send all results to! I did tell him to say they needed to go to London.

I have asked him to double check with the Dr,s where they did send the results.

Will the Ontario office send the results to London automatically or will I need to try and contact them to tell them what has happened?

If anybody has got any any advice that would be great

Thanks

John
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:25 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Results sent to different Visa Office

I believe that they are all computerised and that Ontario is the hub of where all the info is collated.

Visa offices can then log into the system and get the results, wherever they are.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I believe that they are all computerised and that Ontario is the hub of where all the info is collated.

Visa offices can then log into the system and get the results, wherever they are.
Thanks for that. Do you think I should let London Visa Office know that they need to look on the system fro the results or do they do that automatically?
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PortchesterRoyal
Thanks for that. Do you think I should let London Visa Office know that they need to look on the system fro the results or do they do that automatically?
They do it automatically (that was my question to my DMP too and he says that CIC are getting quicker at looking at results because he has had called from visa offices within sometimes 2 weeks if they are questioning something, so yes they do look.) I don't know how or what flags up on their systems, but it does
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

They do it automatically (that was my question to my DMP too and he says that CIC are getting quicker at looking at results because he has had called from visa offices within sometimes 2 weeks if they are questioning something, so yes they do look.) I don't know how or what flags up on their systems, but it does
Thanks very much again for your help Will sit back and wait for the next bit
Old Feb 11th 2013, 4:57 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Thanks very much again for your help Will sit back and wait for the next bit
If he / you are really wanting to make sure then send a letter / email referencing your file outlining the date that he took his medical (can't hurt can it )
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Not quite, There are 8 Immigration Regional Medical Centres. The DMP sends the results to the DMP that s/he reports to. For North and Central America it is Ottawa. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ppendix-01.asp
Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

carley_jackson will become famous soon enough

I am after some advice/help in relation to my Son,s medical. he is currently in living in America for the year. He is 18. He had his medical a couple of weeks ago in Detroit. He has just told me that he thinks the Dr,s have sent his medical results to the Ontario Visa office as the receptionist said that's where they send all results to! I did tell him to say they needed to go to London.

I have asked him to double check with the Dr,s where they did send the results.

Will the Ontario office send the results to London automatically or will I need to try and contact them to tell them what has happened?

If anybody has got any any advice that would be great

Thanks

John
Hello, I think you would be wise to send an email to London with all the information you have regarding the medical exam taken in Detroit. They had a hard time matching up my husbands second medical until we sent a PDF copy and file number etc using the web forum. Also in regards to the office it was sent to, as far as I can tell, as long as the medicals ended up in Ottawa London will be able to view them too!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carley_jackson
Hello, I think you would be wise to send an email to London with all the information you have regarding the medical exam taken in Detroit. They had a hard time matching up my husbands second medical until we sent a PDF copy and file number etc using the web forum. Also in regards to the office it was sent to, as far as I can tell, as long as the medicals ended up in Ottawa London will be able to view them too!
Thanks very much for that advice. I have just sent them an email However not sure if it is the right address I sent it to the address that my medical address came from

John