Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical results have been received. How long left until complete.

Medical results have been received. How long left until complete.

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 7:49 am
Just Joined

RobR273 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Medical results have been received. How long left until complete.

Hi All.....

I'm just after some information. Im a Newbie, so bare with me.

I applied for a outland PR spousal visa. ( my canadian girlfriend sponsor'd me, common law) It was mailed in jan 2013. Since early February it has said on my ECAS that application has been received, but also medical results have been received.

I did find this a little strange, as it was super quick. As yet have not heard anything since. Im living in Toronto at the moment as a visitor. I left Canada in April for a vaca. Even coming back in to Canada, the border guard said it shouldn't be to much longer. has anyone been in the same situation with there application, and have any idea how long the remainder of the process will take?

Regards.

B
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 8:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical results have been received. How long left until complete.

Which visa office did you apply under? London is taking approx. 8-10 months at the moment (for second stage).

When was your gf approved as a sponsor?
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:43 am
Just Joined

I applied through the London visa office.

We received a letter February 25th saying she had been approved to sponsor me.

On my ECAS within a couple of weeks of this date it says application received, I click on the link, and it says medical results received feb 4th.

I'm hoping that no news is good news, as I haven't heard anything since.

I'm just trying to figure out how much longer roughly I have to wait.

Regards.

B.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so 8-10 months from Feb 25th would mean you'd get PR sometime in Nov/Dec going on the timescales at the mo, but remember that's only a rough guide and your timeline may vary from others.

Good luck.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice. I guess the wait continues.

Regards.

B.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by RobR273
Thank you for your advice. I guess the wait continues.
You can keep an eye on processing times here, just remember that your case may not fall in to the '80% of cases' bracket so don't rely on it too much! But it'll be useful as a guide anyway. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fc-spouses.asp
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

ahqcic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada Visa Process after Medical Exam??

Hello All,

I am new to this forum (from Pak). I need your help and guidance in my application case (Paper based).
I applied for Canada Study Permit (PhD) on 24th May,2013, Medical submitted via eMedical to New Delhi, India on 26 June,2013.
Now I do not know about my medical assessment (Pass/fail) and CIC is also not responding to my emails. When will I hear from them (any experience?)
my semester starts in sep, hence i left just one month!!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi. When I had my medical exam done. The examiner did mention to me that they would only contact me if further assessment was required. "No news is good news" is what he told me. If you've heard nothing, then you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Regards.

B
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:22 am
Just Joined

ahqcic is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the information. furthermore, who has the right to ask for additional test in case of any ambiguity in results (esp, X-ray)? the examiner or the CIC visa office? As in my case the examiner asked me (on medical day) whether I should go for sputum test or not as he had a little ambiguity in the x-ray analysis. I refused to go for it as that meant a delay of another 90 days (which is not suitable in my case). I have read that the examiner has no right to take a decision, he only responsible to forward the results to CIC medical officer.
Will CIC visa office notify the applicant to perform such additional test?
Now I am anxiously waiting for any response from CIC Islamabad.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:00 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobR273
Hi All.....

I'm just after some information. Im a Newbie, so bare with me.

I applied for a outland PR spousal visa. ( my canadian girlfriend sponsor'd me, common law) It was mailed in jan 2013. Since early February it has said on my ECAS that application has been received, but also medical results have been received.

I did find this a little strange, as it was super quick. As yet have not heard anything since. Im living in Toronto at the moment as a visitor. I left Canada in April for a vaca. Even coming back in to Canada, the border guard said it shouldn't be to much longer. has anyone been in the same situation with there application, and have any idea how long the remainder of the process will take?

Regards.

B
There is a spreadsheet that shows the times other people have had. You can see at the bottom there are tabs for 2013, 2012 etc. Some people are rather lucky and get through in a few months. Others take 6 months, 9 months, 12 months. It's pretty random much to the chagrin of everyone waiting.

Keep checking on eCAS and it should change from Application Received to In Process and then finally to Decision Made.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:27 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orly
There is a spreadsheet that shows the times other people have had. You can see at the bottom there are tabs for 2013, 2012 etc. Some people are rather lucky and get through in a few months. Others take 6 months, 9 months, 12 months. It's pretty random much to the chagrin of everyone waiting.

Keep checking on eCAS and it should change from Application Received to In Process and then finally to Decision Made.
I don't believe it's anything to do with luck, quite honestly.

Some people's application take longer if their application is not complete or there is further information required or more extensive background checks or medical investigations too.

Whilst everybody believes their application to be simple and their documentation complete, that is not always the case.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get your medicals done early, before they tell you to?
Assuming it takes 10 months to process your application, and it is being processed, can you go ahead to do your medicals, and then send on the records to the office responsible for the applciation?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamtaman
Can you get your medicals done early, before they tell you to?
Assuming it takes 10 months to process your application, and it is being processed, can you go ahead to do your medicals, and then send on the records to the office responsible for the applciation?
Not for CEC applications, apparently.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...pply-after.asp

"... We will send you a letter to tell you how to get the medical exam after we send your application to the visa office... "
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 11:21 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
I don't believe it's anything to do with luck, quite honestly.

Some people's application take longer if their application is not complete or there is further information required or more extensive background checks or medical investigations too.

Whilst everybody believes their application to be simple and their documentation complete, that is not always the case.
I'll be on the look out for some juicy info in my case notes then...
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 11:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by orly
I'll be on the look out for some juicy info in my case notes then...
We will look forwards to you sharing the report