Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Results ..... Further tests

Medical Results ..... Further tests

Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Results ..... Further tests

Originally Posted by bron111
Hi everyone - we are in the process of submitting paperwork to the federal gov in London and just wanted to find out a bit more about the medical and what this entails.

Husband had previous motorcycle injuries which resulted in hip and knee injuries and recently knee operation (day surgery) for cartilage trimmed - do you think this will be an issue for them.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks bron, michael and jake
Hiya,

My nephew had his medical last month. He too has had serious motorcycle injuries in the past, metal plates in both wrists The DMP didn't seem concerned at all as his injuries have been fixed with no ongoing problems.

Good luck and try not to worry
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Clematis
I landed without an issue, I have phoned Peel Public Health, who asked me to fax the medical surveillance form and that they will be in touch.
I am the same as you either PH will cover the cost or my health insurance will....
Hi Clematis
a bit late but glad you are here and good luck with yourPublic Health interview.
Mandy
Old Jun 16th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Hi, quick update....

Had my repeat x-ray today. Radiologist said she couldn't understand why and was a little annoyed that we were doing a repeat one as she had just checked the initial one and said that it was completely clear. She had a good look at the new one today and said that it too was clear

Just got to wait for the culture results now

Binty
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter had this issue with further tests for TB recently.
We had our original medicals in November 09, follow up tests were requested in early February.
Our DMP directed us to a local private chest consultant, who agreed that it was a waste of time but said that the hoops had to be jumped through, and ordered and processed the sputum tests and repeat x-ray.
All were clear, and his report and the DMP's follow up report were sent to CIC in late April.
We had our PPR at the end of May, and are waiting to get our passports and visas back, to head out to Ontario in summer.
It was a boring (and expensive) delay, but not the catastrophe we were afraid it might be.
Best of luck.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lcar
My daughter had this issue with further tests for TB recently.
We had our original medicals in November 09, follow up tests were requested in early February.
Our DMP directed us to a local private chest consultant, who agreed that it was a waste of time but said that the hoops had to be jumped through, and ordered and processed the sputum tests and repeat x-ray.
All were clear, and his report and the DMP's follow up report were sent to CIC in late April.
We had our PPR at the end of May, and are waiting to get our passports and visas back, to head out to Ontario in summer.
It was a boring (and expensive) delay, but not the catastrophe we were afraid it might be.
Best of luck.
Hi Icar,

That's good news it all went well for you and good luck with your move

I agree; I've found this waiting so boring not to mention the frustration but as you said, you have no choice but to clear hurdles and jump through any hoops they decide to place in front of you

Thanks for your input, it's encouraging and good luck.

Binty
Old Jun 17th 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

OK, dont know if this help's.

I had my BCG as well.

When I went for my medical, I had the chest xray, the operator who was really nice explained it and said it was clear of issues including TB.

NOW, when I got letter to say I could pick up my visa I ALSO got a letter saying that I had "inactive TB" but I could still land BUT within 30 days of landing I had to report to a clinic for further instructions.

Landed, got a list of designated GP's

Went there, explained, they took a xray, and of I came back.

They apparently have results or passed the info back to the occ. health guys

NOW,
BCG is apparenty only really valid for about 11 years, and even that is not 100% effective, as there where 2 types of BCG given.

There where 2 things,

1> recently I came into contact with somone who had TB, but I fought it and my body isolated it,

2> It was a false postive test as a SKIN test was not done only a chest xray

So when I go back I'll see what the ask me to do, maybe monitor, false test or give me some antibiotics

Originally Posted by Binty
I have to take a sputum test to confirm that whatever they've found on my x-ray is 'inactive' TB I went into an immediate panic and looked up the symptoms of TB on the net and I don't have any single symptom listed. I also had the BCG injection at school.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trophy
Hi Clematis
I had the same as said, this was condition for my TWP. No doubt the same will happen when we apply for PR. I had to attend Public health surveillance within 30 days of arriving in Canada, have a discussion with the PH Nurse, another chest x-ray and sputum tests. I got a phone call and letter 6- 7 weeks later to say that the Dr has said that my sputum and x-ray were clear and only if I developed symptoms of TB should I go back to them.
I did take a copy of an independent x-ray and a copy of my sputum results with me from the UK, but still had to produce another 3 sputums.
I didn't have to pay for this consult and tests in Canada as I had medical insurance cover, so can't say how much it may cost.

Good luck
Mandy

Hi Jaye
This was my experience with the PH in Alberta after my condition of attending the clinic within 30 days. All quite painless really and I now have two confirmations that I do not have TB!!!!!!!

Good luck
Mandy
Old Jun 17th 2010, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaye944
OK, dont know if this help's.

I had my BCG as well.

When I went for my medical, I had the chest xray, the operator who was really nice explained it and said it was clear of issues including TB

NOW, when I got letter to say I could pick up my visa I ALSO got a letter saying that I had "inactive TB" but I could still land BUT within 30 days of landing I had to report to a clinic for further instructions.

Landed, got a list of designated GP's

Went there, explained, they took a xray, and of I came back.

They apparently have results or passed the info back to the occ. health guys

NOW,
BCG is apparenty only really valid for about 11 years, and even that is not 100% effective, as there where 2 types of BCG given.

There where 2 things,

1> recently I came into contact with somone who had TB, but I fought it and my body isolated it,

2> It was a false postive test as a SKIN test was not done only a chest xray

So when I go back I'll see what the ask me to do, maybe monitor, false test or give me some antibiotics
I'm puzzled by this, the 'operator' ie the radiographer's professional scope of practice means that he or she is not allowed to comment on the x-ray images to the patient. The radiologist who reports on the images is allowed to comment.
So I am surprised that someone told you this. Did they actually say that your images were clear of TB? Sometimes when we say we have checked the pictures to make sure that they have come out ok people interpret this as meaning that there is no disease.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

adrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond reputeadrianj has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,

after the xray was taken, I was speaking to the operative, she was really nice, we had a good convo, and i asked if i could see the pics, and she brought them up for me on the lighted board thing

I said does it look all right, and she said yes, so I said "what do you look for, as it all looks the same to me"

And she explanined the xray to me, said, about various bits and pieces on it and she also mentioned about TB, and I cant see any eveidence of any scarring.

She clearly said, yep everything was fine,
as in the prognosis of my xray as opposed to the quality of the pic

Obviously she sends it to the consultant who saw something "possibly" and then riased it.

now "number1 harley street" who do it, the women who took the pics, she was the operator, is it possible the operator was also the radiologist?

they then send it off to CIC london medicval section

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I'm puzzled by this, the 'operator' ie the radiographer's professional scope of practice means that he or she is not allowed to comment on the x-ray images to the patient. The radiologist who reports on the images is allowed to comment.
So I am surprised that someone told you this. Did they actually say that your images were clear of TB? Sometimes when we say we have checked the pictures to make sure that they have come out ok people interpret this as meaning that there is no disease.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

All results and x-ray back........ ALL CLEAR DMP's report should be with CHC by the end of the week. Here we go again, back to the OCD with Ecas

Thank you for all your words of reassurance and encouragement; it was very much appreciated

Binty
Old Jun 28th 2010, 1:11 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

All results and x-ray back........ ALL CLEAR DMP's report should be with CHC by the end of the week. Here we go again, back to the OCD with Ecas

Thank you for all your words of reassurance and encouragement; it was very much appreciated

Binty
Good luck, should not be too long now!

I am having to do medical surveillance here in Canada, I had a TB skin test that came up positive (which could be from BCG, or even a false positive), blood tests, sputum and more x rays.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

sherry0621 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

i m sherry from london.i was requested to go for additional test(sputum and re xray).i never had any problem so far.before taking sputum i went for one more xray.that was also very clear.i dont know why they asked me to do again.i did my first medical in india.second medical is in london.i have given sputum.the result wil be coming by the last week of july.i am very scared.my dmp in london said the xray is very clear.even though i m scared.pls pray 4 me.i will update once sputum result is come

thanks
sherry
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

canman will become famous soon enoughcanman will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Binty
Brill news big sis, no problems as we all knew ....... See you soon get the vodka in.

lots of love Ian
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi All,

Any rough idea how long i can expect to wait for (hopefully) PPR following TB results (all clear)? results have been in London for 2-weeks so far.

Binty
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Any rough idea how long i can expect to wait for (hopefully) PPR following TB results (all clear)? results have been in London for 2-weeks so far.

Binty
Ours were just over 4 weeks, so hopefully not much longer for you

Sometimes CIC surprise you, we got our passports back today with our visas & I only posted them 16 days ago, was expecting 4-5 weeks, so was a lovely surprise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.