Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Results ..... Further tests

Medical Results ..... Further tests

Old May 7th 2010, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Results ..... Further tests

Saw GP this morning. He has no doubts about the tests being clear and reckons it's just CHC being over cautious

All going well, should have everything back towards the end of June just have to ride the immigration rollercoaster for a little while longer

Thank you all for your kind wishes and I'll keep you updated.
Binty
Old May 7th 2010, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Binty
Saw GP this morning. He has no doubts about the tests being clear and reckons it's just CHC being over cautious

All going well, should have everything back towards the end of June just have to ride the immigration rollercoaster for a little while longer

Binty
Thats good news Binty, hope it doesn't delay too much
Old May 8th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Binty
sounding good.
I had my repeat tests carried out on NHS, so no cost to us. The reports were sent to my DMP who then sent the results of the repeat sputum and the x-ray to CIC.
I learned that it may be best to ask the DMP to await the sputum results and have them and the x-ray sent together, there is less likelihood of the results being delayed whilst awaiting one or the other.

best wishes

Mandy
Old May 8th 2010, 3:43 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Try not to worry too much, we had a delay on our PR being issued, our visa's arrived back yesterday, with a bit of a shocker...... I apparently have inactive TB and a condition of me getting PR is to attend for medical surveillance

We still have PR though, so even if something more worrying is found it is not necessarily a deal breaker, good luck!
Old May 8th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Clematis
Try not to worry too much, we had a delay on our PR being issued, our visa's arrived back yesterday, with a bit of a shocker...... I apparently have inactive TB and a condition of me getting PR is to attend for medical surveillance

We still have PR though, so even if something more worrying is found it is not necessarily a deal breaker, good luck!
Hi Clematis
I had the same as said, this was condition for my TWP. No doubt the same will happen when we apply for PR. I had to attend Public health surveillance within 30 days of arriving in Canada, have a discussion with the PH Nurse, another chest x-ray and sputum tests. I got a phone call and letter 6- 7 weeks later to say that the Dr has said that my sputum and x-ray were clear and only if I developed symptoms of TB should I go back to them.
I did take a copy of an independent x-ray and a copy of my sputum results with me from the UK.
I didn't have to pay for this consult and tests in Canada as I had medical insurance cover, so can't say how much it may cost.

Good luck
Mandy
Old May 8th 2010, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Trophy
Hi Binty
sounding good.
I had my repeat tests carried out on NHS, so no cost to us. The reports were sent to my DMP who then sent the results of the repeat sputum and the x-ray to CIC.
I learned that it may be best to ask the DMP to await the sputum results and have them and the x-ray sent together, there is less likelihood of the results being delayed whilst awaiting one or the other.

best wishes

Mandy
Hi Mandy,

Luckily, both tests and x-ray will be done locally and both sent to the GP first so that will rule out another possible delay.

I have to do the sputum samples on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as the lab is closed over the weekend. I am worried about producing the sputum as I don't seem to have anything on my chest, it's completely clear. If anyone has any tips on how to cough it up; I would be very grateful.

Thank you again for your well wishes

Binty
Old May 8th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mandy,

Luckily, both tests and x-ray will be done locally and both sent to the GP first so that will rule out another possible delay.

I have to do the sputum samples on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as the lab is closed over the weekend. I am worried about producing the sputum as I don't seem to have anything on my chest, it's completely clear. If anyone has any tips on how to cough it up; I would be very grateful.

Thank you again for your well wishes

Binty
Hi Binty
sent you a pm.
Old May 8th 2010, 10:05 pm

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Clematis
I had the same as said, this was condition for my TWP. No doubt the same will happen when we apply for PR. I had to attend Public health surveillance within 30 days of arriving in Canada, have a discussion with the PH Nurse, another chest x-ray and sputum tests. I got a phone call and letter 6- 7 weeks later to say that the Dr has said that my sputum and x-ray were clear and only if I developed symptoms of TB should I go back to them.
I did take a copy of an independent x-ray and a copy of my sputum results with me from the UK.
I didn't have to pay for this consult and tests in Canada as I had medical insurance cover, so can't say how much it may cost.

Good luck
Mandy
Thanks for that, seems to be cropping up a lot lately, will let you know how I get on....

Clematis
Old May 13th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Update....

Saw my GP this morning (unrelated reason). He said that he had already had 2 out of the 3 sputum initial test results and they were clear

Just got to wait the 6-weeks incubation period now but he's sure they'll be clear too

Will update again towards the end of june with results. Keep 'em crossed for me.

Binty
Old May 13th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Update....

Saw my GP this morning (unrelated reason). He said that he had already had 2 out of the 3 sputum initial test results and they were clear

Just got to wait the 6-weeks incubation period now but he's sure they'll be clear too

Will update again towards the end of june with results. Keep 'em crossed for me.

Binty
Hi Binty
All the best
Old May 13th 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi Clematis

Good luck
Mandy
I landed without an issue, I have phoned Peel Public Health, who asked me to fax the medical surveillance form and that they will be in touch.
I am the same as you either PH will cover the cost or my health insurance will....
Old May 13th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Clematis
I landed without an issue, I have phoned Peel Public Health, who asked me to fax the medical surveillance form and that they will be in touch.
I am the same as you either PH will cover the cost or my health insurance will....
That's great news wishing you luck for the future

Binty
Old May 13th 2010, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joinerboy
Hi Binty
All the best

Thanks Joinerboy

Binty
Old May 13th 2010, 1:57 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Binty
Good news Binty it wont be long now.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

bron111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - we are in the process of submitting paperwork to the federal gov in London and just wanted to find out a bit more about the medical and what this entails.

Husband had previous motorcycle injuries which resulted in hip and knee injuries and recently knee operation (day surgery) for cartilage trimmed - do you think this will be an issue for them.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks bron, michael and jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.