Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Requests London - Advice Needed!

Medical Requests London - Advice Needed!

Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future
Default Medical Requests London - Advice Needed!

We have just recieved our medical requests!!!!

They have been asked for a load of other stuff, has anyone been asked for the Right of PR fee even though it has already been paid? If so is it just a case of sending them a fax?

Also, they have asked for new police certs, even though we have been in Canada since October 2004.............. we have done RCMP checks (assuming they arrived OK), should we just do new checks in the UK or fax about this?

Does anyone know how long Millitry Service Certs take from the RN?

Also, can we use 'line of credit' against our house in Canada as proof of funds?

And finally they asked for my last P60................ however we were in Canada at the end of the tax year so don't have this, should I just send a fax stating this or should I try and get a copy from the UK somehow?

Cheers

Mike
Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Requests London - Advice Needed!

Originally Posted by Mike1967

They have been asked for a load of other stuff, has anyone been asked for the Right of PR fee even though it has already been paid? If so is it just a case of sending them a fax?

Also, they have asked for new police certs, even though we have been in Canada since October 2004.............. we have done RCMP checks (assuming they arrived OK), should we just do new checks in the UK or fax about this?

Also, can we use 'line of credit' against our house in Canada as proof of funds?

And finally they asked for my last P60................ however we were in Canada at the end of the tax year so don't have this, should I just send a fax stating this or should I try and get a copy from the UK somehow?

Cheers

Mike
Can't help you with a lot of your questions, but wanted to wish you guys congrats on the medical requests!! Funny thing is, hubbie was RAF full-time and I was RAF part-time, yet neither of us were asked for military certificates!! Might be because he enclosed a copy of his RAF leaving reference with the original application.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TrishB
Can't help you with a lot of your questions, but wanted to wish you guys congrats on the medical requests!! Funny thing is, hubbie was RAF full-time and I was RAF part-time, yet neither of us were asked for military certificates!! Might be because he enclosed a copy of his RAF leaving reference with the original application.
When you say you were RAF part-time, is that something like the TA for army? I'm getting a bit worried at the moment, I was sponsered by the army through my 6th form and degree, with the term of service a minimum of 5 years. Long story short, I had a car crash, and am ineligible for service, so they released me from all obligation. I was attached to a TA army unit rather than a reg, and I am wondering whether they are going to ask for any sort of proof that I am not AWOL or anything! Did you include anything for your part time RAF? I explained all this on the forms, but am second guessing myself now, not sure whether I should fax something now, or wait until they ask - don't want to red flag anything unnecessarily! All I have from them is a letter saying they are very sorry about the medical reasons blah blah - I got a RN (I think!) from the TA unit, but never anything from my corps, other than this 'sorry etc' letter. Is that normal.

Ok, emma, breathe........ Sorry for the ramble, but if anyone knows any more info on military I would be grateful. PS, I am applying as Common Law Family Class. Thanks.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

rynhelcanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Mike
Mike

OK to start with I would send them a fax explaining that you have already paid the ROLF (or you could email as they respond pretty quickly)

I would also explain about the police and P60 - the person who considered it may have not been aware you are in Canada. Did they tick all the boxes on the pink form then?

Maybe in the fax you could ask them to call you or something to discuss the matter further!

Congrats though - what was your AOR date?

Helen
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma69
When you say you were RAF part-time, is that something like the TA for army? I'm getting a bit worried at the moment, I was sponsered by the army through my 6th form and degree, with the term of service a minimum of 5 years. Long story short, I had a car crash, and am ineligible for service, so they released me from all obligation. I was attached to a TA army unit rather than a reg, and I am wondering whether they are going to ask for any sort of proof that I am not AWOL or anything! Did you include anything for your part time RAF? I explained all this on the forms, but am second guessing myself now, not sure whether I should fax something now, or wait until they ask - don't want to red flag anything unnecessarily! All I have from them is a letter saying they are very sorry about the medical reasons blah blah - I got a RN (I think!) from the TA unit, but never anything from my corps, other than this 'sorry etc' letter. Is that normal.

Ok, emma, breathe........ Sorry for the ramble, but if anyone knows any more info on military I would be grateful. PS, I am applying as Common Law Family Class. Thanks.
Yeah, I had a part-time reserve commission, but I explained it on the application - I don't think you'll have any hassle at all, considering you didn't serve with any particular unit. Did you get a service number? May be worth including that somewhere on the application.
Just document everything as best you can and enclose extra sheets of information - we attached 3 extra sheets and number each point according to the application form itself and headed each sheet with our details. Didin't want to upset the immigration officer by being disorganised - you never know, a row with the wife/husband that morning and then they open your file first ....
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:35 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

I was asked for Rolf despite paying, I faxed them, and a lady phoned me next day at home to say ot was her mistake, as most people dont pay until the end with the length of the processing these days.

Husband was in Navy and has not been asked for any certs. Reason he says is he doesnt need to he sent in his discharge papers etc and if he had any record it would have shown on these.

CHC have asked someone else for military certs and they had not even been in any services, this too was mistake.

As your UK pokice certs will have expired soemtime in between , and you are technically a resident in UK still, I think you need to apply for new ones. Takes about 2 weeks from UK. You can download forms online and post off.

For proof of funds it has to be cleared funds on landing. Now as you are there this is a bit strange. However, if all you have is the house there, then I assume you can do the same as here, this is to show your mortgage statement against a valuation of the house, and the difference must be equal or above the funds allowed.
Thing is when you "land" you have to leave Canada, and return to officially land, and most people sell the house in UK and arrive with a bank statement saying they have X amount of pounds.
Do you have a job? If so you do not need to show the funds.

I suggest you fax them all your queries and they will call you, but only the number on the application I think unless you have told them different.
They do say they will not reply to emails somewhere, even though some people have got a response, best to fax.
Dont forget to put you file number on the fax.

QUOTE=Mike1967]We have just recieved our medical requests!!!!

Cheers

Mike[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, I had a part-time reserve commission, but I explained it on the application - I don't think you'll have any hassle at all, considering you didn't serve with any particular unit. Did you get a service number? May be worth including that somewhere on the application.
Just document everything as best you can and enclose extra sheets of information - we attached 3 extra sheets and number each point according to the application form itself and headed each sheet with our details. Didin't want to upset the immigration officer by being disorganised - you never know, a row with the wife/husband that morning and then they open your file first ....

Thanks for the reply. I have already sent the forms off, and I think we were so preoccupied with the CL proof (they make even you doubt your own relationship sometimes!) that it didn't even cross my mind. I put the details on the form, with my number, details of the TA unit etc, and explained I am no longer in service. Now I am wondering if I should send a letter I have saying how sorry they are about medical meaning I can't continue, even though it is not a 'legal' document, or whether that is going to raise a red flag, and the last thing I need is to try and contact old COs etc from overseas! I don't want it delaying my case either way! I guess if they decide they need it they will ask for it, and I can have it here ready to go by fax the same day. There's nothing like the stress of immigration is there!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Mike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant futureMike1967 has a brilliant future

thanks all for your congrats.................... I wish I could have found anything relating to my time in the Navy to send with our app............. but then when I couldn't I just hoped it would not be challenged as it was so long ago!!!

I think I will just send a fax and start getting stuff together anyway!!!

Cheers,

Mike

Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

stainedglasslady is on a distinguished road

Firstly, congratulations, and secondly, don't worry too much about the extra requests, we had all of them too. Even though everything was already provided with the initial application. The military certificates was a strange one, as the closest I have ever been was the 'girl's brigade' when I was 12 We sent them an email to query this (email address is on their web site) and they admitted they had made a mistake with the ticks in the boxes with a return email within an hour and a half. We should have queried all the other requests at that time but didn't think at the time, so we are now in the process of getting these all together once again, not wanting to 'rock the boat'. They do state, that they will not respond to any emails for questions that are already covered on their web site.

Good luck, hope this has helped.

Cheers

Mike