Medical requests, last hurdle??

Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

shabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura about
Default Medical requests, last hurdle??

Hi

We have just recieved our medical requests, after aplying in March this year( suprisingly very quick). anyway, just wanted to know if that means all our documents were fine? and if the medicals are fine then will they request for our passports?

thanks

Old Sep 6th 2009, 11:56 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical requests, last hurdle??

Originally Posted by shabyee
Hi

We have just recieved our medical requests, after aplying in March this year( suprisingly very quick). anyway, just wanted to know if that means all our documents were fine? and if the medicals are fine then will they request for our passports?

thanks

Yes- if your medical requests are fine then they will request your passports.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Hi

thanks

With previous experience, I can say if the time limit between AOR and medical is short, it mean they may take some time to send PR request...reason...your background and security checks are on...but I guess CHC should not delay beyond Nov..

I hope you get your PR request sooner....all the best
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaa
...your background and security checks are on...
What's the difference between the background check and security check? Aren't those the same thing? I thought they check your past background/history to see if you are are a security thread to the country and people.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

spaa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Want2Move
What's the difference between the background check and security check? Aren't those the same thing? I thought they check your past background/history to see if you are are a security thread to the country and people.
background checks mean...check on your work experience....education certificates etc...
security check is for criminal case filed in any country stayed in....this is the reason PCC asked for...

Background checks are done before medical and security check after medical in most of cases
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

shabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura aboutshabyee has a spectacular aura about

thanks folks for the help. i just realised that my wife's name on the medical form appears incorrect so i am sending that back to them to get it corrected. lets hope they send her a new form soon so that we can get our medicals done quickly. Hope i can land before christmas to see some snow in canada
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:44 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks folks for the help. i just realised that my wife's name on the medical form appears incorrect so i am sending that back to them to get it corrected. lets hope they send her a new form soon so that we can get our medicals done quickly. Hope i can land before christmas to see some snow in canada
The DMP can correct the name.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

i did not know that the dmp could correct it. they said on the form that if any details are incorrect then i should let them know. ahh well, i have sent it to them. lets hope they respond soon.

but thanks for replying
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spaa
background checks mean...check on your work experience....education certificates etc...
security check is for criminal case filed in any country stayed in....this is the reason PCC asked for...

Background checks are done before medical and security check after medical in most of cases
Thank You!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

benu is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulation!!!

I like to know what kind of medical test they ask for? Is it common for everyone?

Thanks,
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:07 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by benu
Congratulation!!!

I like to know what kind of medical test they ask for? Is it common for everyone?

Thanks,
Here is some light reading, the DMP Handbook

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub...ndbook2009.pdf