Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Requests Arrived-Advise Required

Medical Requests Arrived-Advise Required

Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Medical Requests Arrived-Advise Required

After the joys of our trip to CIC london we have been waiting for the medical form to come through for my wife's Work Permit.
So imagine my surprise when it arrived this morning but had metamorphosised into PR Medical requests for all off us!!!
Don't quite understand why or how this has happened apart from being really nice to the lovely lady at CIC.
As unbelievable as this is, its left us with a problem.
The Work Permit stuff would have meant that we would be off to Canada in about 6 weeks max, the PR seems to represent a whole new timescale (judging by recent medical to visa timescales) which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but we have shook hands on the sale of our house and contents and will be signing it over in 4 weeks!!!
What do we do guys, sign it over and take our chances (the buyers are already twitchy with the delays) or wait till the PR's arrive???
Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so did the PR's come through within the expected Work Permit Timeline?
Lots of ramblings I know but this has come out of the blue and is such brilliant news. Bugger, what are we going to tell the prospective employers who expect her over and working by the end of September.
MA HEIDS WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Stuarty; Aug 11th 2006 at 4:32 am.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Requests Arrived-Advise Required

[QUOTE=Stuarty]

Sorry if the above post is a bit of a ramble, and just to clear things up, We got our Medical requests today, way ahead of schedule with our AOR of 4/10/2004. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuarty.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Stuarty]
Originally Posted by Stuarty

Sorry if the above post is a bit of a ramble, and just to clear things up, We got our Medical requests today, way ahead of schedule with our AOR of 4/10/2004. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stuarty.
congrats Stuarty. I would dump your house as soon as you can - nothing more frustrating than a sale that falls through (went throught it twice).

I was going to put a drinky smiley - but they seem to have turned them off!!!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Tuppence]

congrats Stuarty. I would dump your house as soon as you can - nothing more frustrating than a sale that falls through (went throught it twice).

I was going to put a drinky smiley - but they seem to have turned them off!!!
Yes, don't know what happened to the smileys.
Stuarty
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:02 am
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

After the joys of our trip to CIC london we have been waiting for the medical form to come through for my wife's Work Permit.
So imagine my surprise when it arrived this morning but had metamorphosised into PR Medical requests for all off us!!!
Don't quite understand why or how this has happened apart from being really nice to the lovely lady at CIC.
As unbelievable as this is, its left us with a problem.
The Work Permit stuff would have meant that we would be off to Canada in about 6 weeks max, the PR seems to represent a whole new timescale (judging by recent medical to visa timescales) which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but we have shook hands on the sale of our house and contents and will be signing it over in 4 weeks!!!
What do we do guys, sign it over and take our chances (the buyers are already twitchy with the delays) or wait till the PR's arrive???
Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so did the PR's come through within the expected Work Permit Timeline?
Lots of ramblings I know but this has come out of the blue and is such brilliant news. Bugger, what are we going to tell the prospective employers who expect her over and working by the end of September.
MA HEIDS WASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't you just take the medicals for the PR but continue on with the work permit appn and go with the same timescale as you were intending to for your wife to start work at end of September. Once you have moved you could just tell them your new address in Canada if the PR doesn't come through in time.
You don't want to lose your house sale or your wife's job. Things will go much smoother in Canada if you have sold your house and one of you has a job to go to.
By the way, congratulations. I wonder if if is because of your work permit application. In the normal world you would think that it would make sense but at the visa office who knows. Anyway I will keep watching your timeline as it is very similar to ours and I will hoping that ours comes through soon as well.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sydney
Can't you just take the medicals for the PR but continue on with the work permit appn and go with the same timescale as you were intending to for your wife to start work at end of September. Once you have moved you could just tell them your new address in Canada if the PR doesn't come through in time.
You don't want to lose your house sale or your wife's job. Things will go much smoother in Canada if you have sold your house and one of you has a job to go to.
By the way, congratulations. I wonder if if is because of your work permit application. In the normal world you would think that it would make sense but at the visa office who knows. Anyway I will keep watching your timeline as it is very similar to ours and I will hoping that ours comes through soon as well.
We are hoping that the WP stuff continues to be processed but don't know if the PR Medicals will be cross referenced to the WP. My wife has not received instructions to go for WP medical and she needs one as she is a physio. I will make an effort to contact CIC about this but you know how effective this can be?!!
Stuarty