Medical requests

Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

jerseytocanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical requests

Hi there all.

Hope you had a great Christmas and are all ready for the new year!

I have recently had my medical requests and my wife and i will have to travel out of the island to take them as there are no doctors in Jersey on the list on the cic website. I have called the clinic in Guernsey but they want £1450 to carry out the medical and X-rays. Seams like the channel island rip off tax is at work there too.

Could you let me know where you had your medical or prices you have had to have the medical including X-rays and where in the country this was.

Easy flights to the mainland for us are London, Liverpool, Bristol, and Midlands.

Thanks.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical requests

See if this link helps
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicali...ryName=England
Old Dec 28th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerseytocanada
Hi there all.

I have recently had my medical requests and my wife and i will have to travel out of the island to take them as there are no doctors in Jersey on the list on the cic website. I have called the clinic in Guernsey but they want £1450 to carry out the medical and X-rays. Seams like the channel island rip off tax is at work there too.

Could you let me know where you had your medical or prices you have had to have the medical including X-rays and where in the country this was.

Easy flights to the mainland for us are London, Liverpool, Bristol, and Midlands.

Thanks.
When I was due to have them in the UK I was going to go to Horsham which is an easy 15 mins drive from Gatwick if that helps...
Old Dec 28th 2011, 4:23 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all.

Thanks.
The DMP in Nottingham is reasonable, so Waggle told me. That is within easy striking distance of East Midlands Airport and likely to be less stressful and take less time than travelling through Gatwick and into London in my experience of both places.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help guys!

I'll give them a call.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

We had our meds done at the place in Nottingham on the list (can get the name if you need). Total cost was £799 for myself, the wife and 3 kids. Hope you find somewhere that suits.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 1:23 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

We had ours done by Knightsbridge Doctors, 15 Basil Mansions. Cost £280 - much cheaper than £1450!!
Old Dec 29th 2011, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Jimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond reputeJimbo2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all.

Thanks.

Had mine done in Bristol (Orchard Medical Centre). It was reasonably painless and efficient and total cost was around £260 which includes the chest x-ray.
Think the clinic is roughly about a half-hour by road from Bristol airport if you were flying in.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbo2012
Had mine done in Bristol (Orchard Medical Centre). It was reasonably painless and efficient and total cost was around £260 which includes the chest x-ray.
Think the clinic is roughly about a half-hour by road from Bristol airport if you were flying in.
Ah. I have family in chipping sodbruy. i may roll it in with a nice long weekend to see them.

Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 30th 2011, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

msocmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Just for your info, before speaking with them, we had ours done at Orchard Medical Centre in Bristol and they only do them on a Thursday. They were very good and quick and painless