Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical requested - quick question!

Medical requested - quick question!

Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:20 pm
mzp
Forum Regular

mzp will become famous soon enoughmzp will become famous soon enough
Default Medical requested - quick question!

Hi everyone,

new here, and very excited, so apologies if this has been answered before.
we got a letter yesterday requesting medicals for the 3 of us (Hubby, daughter and myself) along with a request to pay more fees. OK - payming money isnt good, but it's a step forward!
does that mean we've been accepted and only the medical to go through?!
or are they still looking at our application (enough points)?

and does anyone have any idea how long we can wait before we hear from the high commission after they receive the medicals?

thanks!!!!!!!

M
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical requested - quick question!

Congratulations - you are on your way . . . they don't send you for medicals if you haven't got the points!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

They may also still be doing background and security checks when they request medical. How much longer? impossible to say anything from a few weeks to several months as each case is different.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Moggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to allMoggiemiss is a name known to all
Smile Re: Medical requested - quick question!

Oh my god!!!!!

My medical request has come through this morning too.
Update letter 21.01.08
Updates sent 09.03.08
Med request 04.04.08

Have to send landing fee as didn't send originally.

I am in complete shock at the speed. Why is it you don't have brandy in the house when you need it? And I am desperate to ring my relations in Thunder Bay to tell them the news but don't want to wake them up!

I know the background and security checks will need to be completed so there may be a delay now till I have to send passport, but it's a fantastic feeling to have a decision.

Must go - gotta break the news to the cat - she's coming with me . .
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

It's exciting times. When I got my medical request, within minutes I was on the phone booking it. When my wife came in she had the shock of not only having the medical request arrive, but finding out that I'd already booked it for a few days later.

Since then, time seems to be passing much slower, days feel like weeks. I keep telling myself it could still be a few months, but each day we are looking for that letter on our doorstep requesting our passport (in reality we are still waiting for the Medical reports to be sent to the CHC).
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

congrats on receving med requests. It is really very exicting moment to receive it. but then the wait continues for the ppr and then again to get the passport back.

regs