Medical request wait.....

Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical request wait.....

hehe I was so happy it said 'In Process' that I didn't think to click on it! It says August 26. We posted it off on August 23. So the delay certainly isn't the postal service!!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:58 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Rubie and Izzi, I e-mailed CIC for my file number last week and it arrived by e-mail today so I checked on e-cas and ours is in process too, it seems it has been since the end of October At least I know it arrived safely and has entered the system.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:16 pm
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours is still in progress too, no mention of the medicals, though they were only sent on the 10th. Not sure about the one coming from NS, as they apparently go to the local office - I'm not sure if they make a decision there, then forward it on to London, or forward the results straight on and let London make the final call...?

The passports are winging their way to the CHC as we speak, so that they can be there for Monday. Not sure how long it will be before they are processed and returned - I have heard 2-4 weeks. Mind you, we have also had to send a replacement banker's draft, as the one I sent was for the wrong amount, apparently... :-( Not quite sure how I go that wrong, but I hope it won't slow things down too much.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

LadySummer is an unknown quantity at this point

So when they send out the medical request letter does the ecas update to state this? thanks
Old Nov 29th 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

bron111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - we have got the go ahead for medicals and as we live in NI we only have one doc who can do them. They are charging £836 for 3 adults and one baby - how much are others paying, esp for those using doctor in Sourthern Ireland thanks bron
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:59 am
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

we paid 450 quid for 3 medicals (one cost slightly less for under-16), £210 for 3 x-rays, and around £110 for 3 blood tests. The other medical etc. was done in NS, and actually worked out cheaper.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:24 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Thought I would re-ignite this thread to let you all know that MY MED REQUESTS HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Summer, I pm'd you this morning telling you that I still hadn't heard, not knowing that they were waiting for me at the local sorting office as they had to be signed for! I never thought for one minute that they would be a 'signed for' letter.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

Fantastic news - weird you had to sign, I didnt for mine
Our status has changed today to 'medicals received' - fingers crossed not long now!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:29 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

I think the signed for was because they sent back my kids birth certificates which were register office certified copies which I had asked for back.

Did you get asked for a new Application for Permanent Residence form and replacement additional family forms?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

nope - all we had to do was get the meds and sign the additional family form to state we didnt have any kids - we just forgot to sign it when it was all sent the first time.
Have you booked your meds yet -it was the first thing I did - get on the computer and find the approved doctors then phone them to see who could give an appointment soonest.
For the 2 of us it was £520 in Glasgow - they certainly know how to charge !
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:50 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

I completely held my breath when I got an e-mail saying you'd replied to this thread Rubie, congrats that's fantastic news! Of course I am also really pleased because it means there's definitely movement in London
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

bron111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you got request for medicals, ours was sent off in Jan to canada - just waiting for feedback. Fingers crossed not long now - hope yours goes well. bron
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!!!! Rubie I'm so excited for you.... and I'm suddenly reinvigorated myself!!! We're only about a week behind you application-wise... I wonder if ours will be coming soon! Argh!
That price - £520 - made me gulp a bit (this is not the time of year for feeling flush with cash) but hey, it would be progress!

Back to sitting next to the letterbox at every spare opportunity and stalking the postman
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:38 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by izzi81
OMG!!!!!!! Rubie I'm so excited for you.... and I'm suddenly reinvigorated myself!!! We're only about a week behind you application-wise... I wonder if ours will be coming soon! Argh!
That price - £520 - made me gulp a bit (this is not the time of year for feeling flush with cash) but hey, it would be progress!

Back to sitting next to the letterbox at every spare opportunity and stalking the postman
Izzi I was thinking about you too and it may just be that you are sitting happy on Saturday listening to my moans about med request waits rather than sharing in them
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

hehe I'm not quite that optimistic! I guess you never know, but I'm imagining still a couple of weeks of waiting or so. We'll see. Still happy to share in waiting grumbles though, whatever happens by Saturday....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.