Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=lins and Stef McLachlan;5536340]Hi

Well done you!!!!!!! Glad that you think that we may have helped in some small way....after all ....that is what we are all here for....to help each other if we can. Hopefully 2008 will be our year!!!!!
Take care
Good luck from here on in.......The hurdle appears to have been successfully jumped!!!
Stef and Lins[/QUOTE

Thanks Stef and Lins - it would be interesting to know what points have been awarded where just so that I could pass it on to others - I don't suppose I will find out unless I request my CAIPs notes but that will just slow things down and I don't want to upset them now! My online status still remains as 'in process'
Good luck with your application and if mine is anything to go by they are ahead of schedule. They said not to hear from them for 30 months and it has only been 27 months.Also now that passport requests has changed that may be quicker as it states passports to be sent in 30 days after the medical and then they 'should be ready to issue your permanent resident visa/s approximately 30-45 days after the date of your medical appointment' So if I did my medical on Monday I could send the passports off Mid December and get back the visas by the end of December - 1 month before the 30 month deadline of my AOR!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 9:42 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by richmag69
Thanks for that. I submitted my application on 15th May 2005 - I'll add it to my signature - is that how they decide precedence and not the AOR? I hope you like Ottawa(It might be cold in winter but at least it's sunny!) - I take it Mark is in IT? When are you planning on going and where else have you looked?

Hiya
Yep, In Emigrate Canada, CIC usually say "Processing apps submitted ....." so I assume they go by submission date rather than AOR which is what we thought to start with.
Haven't been to Ottawa yet but we have spoken to a few people and they seem to like it. Mark is a Systems Integration Manager in the Naval/Defence Industry and there are quite a few companies especially in Kanata area so we really should have a look. We have been to Vancouver, Calgary and NS and love them all but not as much work as Ottawa so will have see what happens.

Andrea
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Bonsai will become famous soon enough

RichMag,

Well done on the med requests. We too are heading to Ottawa.

We were there a few weeks ago and really liked it.

Your time line is interesting. We are an AOR 28th July 05 after submitting our application on the 6th June 05 so hopefully we will hear something soon.

Good luck with the meds.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

p.s

Can someone please tell me how to enable the timeline - I have created it in the advanced signature section but it is not showing on the messages..?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Congratulations on receiving your Med requests. Isn't it a great feeling?

Things are definitely going to start moving now! Before you know it - you'll be on your way.

Good luck with the meds.

Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=richmag69;5536439]
Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi

Well done you!!!!!!! Glad that you think that we may have helped in some small way....after all ....that is what we are all here for....to help each other if we can. Hopefully 2008 will be our year!!!!!
Take care
Good luck from here on in.......The hurdle appears to have been successfully jumped!!!
Stef and Lins[/QUOTE

Thanks Stef and Lins - it would be interesting to know what points have been awarded where just so that I could pass it on to others - I don't suppose I will find out unless I request my CAIPs notes but that will just slow things down and I don't want to upset them now! My online status still remains as 'in process'
Good luck with your application and if mine is anything to go by they are ahead of schedule. They said not to hear from them for 30 months and it has only been 27 months.Also now that passport requests has changed that may be quicker as it states passports to be sent in 30 days after the medical and then they 'should be ready to issue your permanent resident visa/s approximately 30-45 days after the date of your medical appointment' So if I did my medical on Monday I could send the passports off Mid December and get back the visas by the end of December - 1 month before the 30 month deadline of my AOR!
Hi
Thanks for that info. We will keep all our fingers crossed that we can be there sometime before my youngest son starts his Secondary education in Sept 08! It would be a real nightmare if I had to buy uniform and then everything goes through. My eldest son starts his year 3 secondary school in Sept 08, and will have to choose his options, so my timeline is getting a bit desperate.

I am also, like so many others, just wanting to begin my better / new life. To put people through this seemingly endless process is truly terrible!!!!

Good luck with the rest of your waiting period....do factor in The Christmas Post in your timescales.....coz nothing seems to move quickly at that time.
Regards Stef and Lins
Old Nov 13th 2007, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the good wishes - we have now booked medicals for Monday 19th November so will be able to send in passports just before CHC close for christmas and hopefully get them back with shiny new visas in Jan!
We are planning to land in the summer as a holiday and then come back and sell the house and apply for jobs etc
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

surlygurlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by richmag69

My online status still remains as 'in process'
Hi Everyone - fascinating to read your progress reports now that things seem to be happening for you. I received my AOR on 12 May 2005 having submitted my application in April 2005 (42 months). However, when I go online and enter my file number, the message tells me I do not exist. Do I need to worry? Or should I just sit tight and wait for the 90 day letter?

Jane
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:14 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonsai
p.s

Can someone please tell me how to enable the timeline - I have created it in the advanced signature section but it is not showing on the messages..?
Hope this helps.

Under 'My Profile' select 'edit options' then scroll down to 'Thread Display Options'. Are the boxes there checked?
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough

Yes another step closer Our MED REQ's finally arrived for us aswell

We received our med req via our agents yesterday and have arranged to have our medicals done in Newcastle, next Tues 20th Nov, so all being well, it's all systems go!!

Can confirm that the med requests are as stated by Richmag, in that you have 45 day to have your meds done. Then if you have not heard anything beforehand, you can either send your passports into the CHC, London or do the two week drop off - pick up service after 30 days from date of medicals. Therefore omitting the need for them to send out the PPRs, which I think is definitely a step closer to speeding up the process for everyone.

I'm hoping to beable to drop the passports off on the Thurs before Christmas, but just waiting for them to confirm that this service will be available over the festive season.

Good luck to all those in similar timelines to ourselves and hoping yours won't be far behind.

Best wishes Sue
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:54 am
Just Joined

miti is an unknown quantity at this point

hello surly is ur aor april 2005 or april 2006 because if its 2005 than u should have recieved 90 day letter last january.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreamon
Yes another step closer Our MED REQ's finally arrived for us aswell

We received our med req via our agents yesterday and have arranged to have our medicals done in Newcastle, next Tues 20th Nov, so all being well, it's all systems go!!

Can confirm that the med requests are as stated by Richmag, in that you have 45 day to have your meds done. Then if you have not heard anything beforehand, you can either send your passports into the CHC, London or do the two week drop off - pick up service after 30 days from date of medicals. Therefore omitting the need for them to send out the PPRs, which I think is definitely a step closer to speeding up the process for everyone.

I'm hoping to beable to drop the passports off on the Thurs before Christmas, but just waiting for them to confirm that this service will be available over the festive season.

Good luck to all those in similar timelines to ourselves and hoping yours won't be far behind.

Best wishes Sue
Congratulations Sue on getting your med requests

We are having our medicals on the day before you and then are going to send the passports to arrive on the 19th December if they are open that week - I think they post the days they close on their site nearer the time. But they didn't give me an address label as described in section 3. Did you get an Address Label? and if so could you give me the details please if they are anything different? Thanks Richard.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

dreamon will become famous soon enoughdreamon will become famous soon enough

Hi Richard

Thanks for your kind message. Yes our med notification regarding posting in passports refers to a label, but likewise we have no label enclosed. It may be worth emailing them to confirm or perhaps just use the address printed on the front sheet/letter.

I note from the CHC website that they are closed Xmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day only, but unsure whether this will reflect in the services they usually offer!! Here's hoping they still do, as we are hoping to leave asap in the New Year (10th-12th Jan) and it would allow us to get plans into place before Christmas. We already have a house we purchased in Apr '05, so can't wait to get into our new home. We sold our house here in UK in the summer and so currently in very small rental property.

Good luck with your medicals
Old Nov 15th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Yes-can-do,

Many thanks for thr advice.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

surlygurlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by miti
hello surly is ur aor april 2005 or april 2006 because if its 2005 than u should have recieved 90 day letter last january.
Sorry, typo. Should have said 2006.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.