Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2007, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

It has finally happened!

The little brown envelope was on the mat today with the CHC stamp - I wasn't convinced we had enough points so I opened it with trepidation. BUT as soon as I read 'We are pleased...' I thought that's it! We've done it!!! 27 months wait from AOR (ahead of schedule) and lots of hoops jumped through we've finally done it. Now comes the hard bit - moving to Canada and getting a job!!

I had to take the TEF French test 3 times to get 2 points! as I wasn't convinced I has enough points and then a couple of weeks ago I found this forum and convinced myself again that I was still short so another letter to CHC with more evidence about qualifications (difficult because the course and the college don't exist anymore) and claiming firefighter probation as 2 year apprenticeship - thanks to lins and stef for info on police probation - don't know if that was what swung it as they haven't told me what points I got!

Anyway it doesn't matter now - I am over the moon!!

I had resigned myself to not hearing until after christmas as I thought they were still processing June 2005 AOR's but apparently not! The timing is a bit suspicious - I may have jumped the queue as I am 29th July 2005 AOR and I know there are a few earlier July 2005 AOR's out there - as my letter arrived at CHC on the Friday and my case was processed on the following Monday!

Also I believe the timeline for medicals has changed - I have 45 days to pay the landing fees and get the medical done and I believe it used to be 90 days?

The system for passport requests has changed as well - they will no longer send out passport requests but have instructed me to send the passports and photos to CHC 30 days after the medical is completed.

It won't be long for all you July/Aug 2005 AOR's - Good Luck.

P.S. anyone interested in buying 2 TEF books and CD cheap PM me.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

Hi Richmag69, a big congratulations on your medical request

Where abouts are you in Eastbourne? We lived in a few different places: Seaside, Upperton, St Anthonys, Hampden Park, and finally moved out to Westham where we emigrated from. I grew up in Hailsham.

Best wishes and good luck
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Hi Maddhobbs - we are in Selmeston Road opposite the Hospital - but not for much longer!! - did you happen to have an article written about you in this months 'Emigrate Canada'?? Because if so I work with someone who knows you!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richmag69, yes I did. Who is our mutual friend? You can pm me if you want.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Jacko and he's told me all about you!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Theres probably not enough room to put all the good things he's said about us on here eh

How long have you worked with him?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Yeah - something like that!!

Far too long - I have worked under him for 10 years (he disgraced himself at my wedding!)

I have seen your DVD as well!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

The DVD, yes, I have retired from showbiz now.

So what did our chap do to disgrace himself at your wedding? Come on don't be shy.

So you may also know Bob? I have known him for years as he is a friend of my parents. Always want to say his last name is Simpson but it is Sumpsion or something similar (thats why it always easier to say Simpson). I believe he has retired now (?). Nice bloke.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

I couldn't be so indiscrete - you will have to ask him next time you speak to him!!
And yes I know Bob Sumsion very well - haven't seen him recently though since he retired.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

So for complete strangers we now have two friends in common. If we carry on all day we could find out we are long lost cousins
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:43 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

congratulations on receiving your medical requests, fingers crossed will get mine soon.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

I have sent you a pm
Old Nov 9th 2007, 10:12 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Medical Request Received!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by richmag69
It has finally happened!

The little brown envelope was on the mat today with the CHC stamp - I wasn't convinced we had enough points so I opened it with trepidation. BUT as soon as I read 'We are pleased...' I thought that's it! We've done it!!! 27 months wait from AOR (ahead of schedule) and lots of hoops jumped through we've finally done it. Now comes the hard bit - moving to Canada and getting a job!!

I had to take the TEF French test 3 times to get 2 points! as I wasn't convinced I has enough points and then a couple of weeks ago I found this forum and convinced myself again that I was still short so another letter to CHC with more evidence about qualifications (difficult because the course and the college don't exist anymore) and claiming firefighter probation as 2 year apprenticeship - thanks to lins and stef for info on police probation - don't know if that was what swung it as they haven't told me what points I got!

I had resigned myself to not hearing until after christmas as I thought they were still processing June 2005 AOR's but apparently not! The timing is a bit suspicious - I may have jumped the queue as I am 29th July 2005 AOR and I know there are a few earlier July 2005 AOR's out there - as my letter arrived at CHC on the Friday and my case was processed on the following Monday!

Also I believe the timeline for medicals has changed - I have 45 days to pay the landing fees and get the medical done and I believe it used to be 90 days?

The system for passport requests has changed as well - they will no longer send out passport requests but have instructed me to send the passports and photos to CHC 30 days after the medical is completed.

Fantastic news, good luck with the meds. Your AOR is July can I ask when you submitted your app?
We submitted 17th June with an AOR of 4th August.

All the best
Andrea & Mark

ps we have started looking at Ottawa also as plenty of work for Mark, plan to visit next year
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrea&Mark
Fantastic news, good luck with the meds. Your AOR is July can I ask when you submitted your app?
We submitted 17th June with an AOR of 4th August.

All the best
Andrea & Mark

ps we have started looking at Ottawa also as plenty of work for Mark, plan to visit next year
Thanks for that. I submitted my application on 15th May 2005 - I'll add it to my signature - is that how they decide precedence and not the AOR? I hope you like Ottawa(It might be cold in winter but at least it's sunny!) - I take it Mark is in IT? When are you planning on going and where else have you looked?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by richmag69
It has finally happened!

Hi

Well done you!!!!!!! Glad that you think that we may have helped in some small way....after all ....that is what we are all here for....to help each other if we can. Hopefully 2008 will be our year!!!!!
Take care
Good luck from here on in.......The hurdle appears to have been successfully jumped!!!
Stef and Lins

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.