Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Request - bit of advice anyone ????

Wikiposts

Medical Request - bit of advice anyone ????

Old May 19th 2010, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default Medical Request - bit of advice anyone ????

Just got the brown envelope pushed through my letterbox and I am sat here shaking with excitement and trying to type (fingers everywhere) it is a medical request

I'm too excited to trawl through all the paperwork so I thought I would ask all you guys and gals out there a quick question.

It says that they need police certificates, we sent them them last year and they were dated 25th Nov, 2009. Do they run out after 6 months ? If so do we need to get some more ?
Also on the "Other" section on the back it says
"full UK ACPO printout showing details of 'NO LIVE TRACE' on the principal applicant's police certificate.
Does anyone have a clue what that is ?

Any responses will be gratefully received - must have a cup of tea and try to calm down
Old May 20th 2010, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical Request - bit of advice anyone ????

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Just got the brown envelope pushed through my letterbox and I am sat here shaking with excitement and trying to type (fingers everywhere) it is a medical request

I'm too excited to trawl through all the paperwork so I thought I would ask all you guys and gals out there a quick question.

It says that they need police certificates, we sent them them last year and they were dated 25th Nov, 2009. Do they run out after 6 months ? If so do we need to get some more ?
Also on the "Other" section on the back it says
"full UK ACPO printout showing details of 'NO LIVE TRACE' on the principal applicant's police certificate.
Does anyone have a clue what that is ?

Any responses will be gratefully received - must have a cup of tea and try to calm down
Congratulations for getting the request. Don't know when the certificate runs out, but I had a similar request even though I had sent it to them before. I just got another one, as it was easier than trying to get an answer from CHC London.

ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers) is the organisation that you need to get the certificate from. You can download the application from their website (http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp). If you have no record with them, they will issue you a certificate printout that says 'NO LIVE TRACE'. If you have a record, it would state details for that (I think, as mine was no line trace).

Ray
Old May 20th 2010, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.

Mine says 'No Trace' which means that I have never had any problems with the police or otherwise.
My husbands says 'No live trace' which means that he had been fined for something which he had done over 25 years ago, but is deemed now to have been rehabilitated !

Just trying to get ACRO on the phone but they are busy, to confirm the expiry date. I would rather the £70 be in my pocket and not theirs

Thanks again.
Old May 20th 2010, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

minxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really niceminxymel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.

Mine says 'No Trace' which means that I have never had any problems with the police or otherwise.
My husbands says 'No live trace' which means that he had been fined for something which he had done over 25 years ago, but is deemed now to have been rehabilitated !

Just trying to get ACRO on the phone but they are busy, to confirm the expiry date. I would rather the £70 be in my pocket and not theirs

Thanks again.
Hi we also had to provide replacement Police cert's. The previous post is incorrect, "NO LIVE TRACE" means there is a record of previous conviction, but it has been stepped down. If you have NO convictions at all, it will state "NO TRACE".
Old May 20th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

I have just spoken with ACRO and they say that the certificates are valid 'indefinitely' however if the CIC ask you to send some more then you just have to send them some new ones !

With regards to the Other info req: 'Full UK ACPO printout showing details of "No live trace" on the principal applicant's police certificate.

He did not have a clue what they were on about and told me to contact them

Just sent the CIC a e-mail - who knows when/if they will get back to me

Thought I was in for a quiet week, but alas back to the filing cabinet to gather together all our medical history and fill out some more Police forms

Hottest day of the year and I'm sat inside, oh well it is for a good cause
Old May 20th 2010, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by minxymel
Hi we also had to provide replacement Police cert's. The previous post is incorrect, "NO LIVE TRACE" means there is a record of previous conviction, but it has been stepped down. If you have NO convictions at all, it will state "NO TRACE".
Opps, sorry. Thanks for correcting that....

Ray
Old May 20th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

debs_2009 is on a distinguished road

I was also asked for police certificates even though I sent them off with my initial application. I just emailed CIC and they replied within a couple of days saying that it was an error and there was no need to apply for new certificates. Good Luck!
Old May 20th 2010, 8:28 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting for you

Cant beat a nice cuppa to help with a nervous breakdown

Hope you dont have to send new police checks, like you said the money is better in your pocket.

Good luck
Old May 24th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Just got a reply from London (2 working days - well done them) saying that I need to send more police certificates in as it has been 6 months, and that the other ones that I sent in Nov were no good anymore.
With regards to the other "We require - Full UK ACPO printout showing details of "No live trace" on the principal applicant's police certificate"
What they meant was a copy of the 'memorandum of conviction' which I had already sent and she says that she had found it and not to bother sending another one
Anyway I have booked the medicals for the 6th June and will be posting the forms for the police certificate tomorrow, so onwards and upwards (so the saying goes). Fingers crosses that we are as fit and healthy as we feel
Thanks to all for your replies