Medical Request Arrived Yesterday

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Medical Request Arrived Yesterday

Panic stations yet again. Perhaps this is the most frightening hurdle wondering what they might find!

We live in Lancashire and now looking at the list of drs to pick the lucky practitioner. Any experiences of Crumpsal and Altrincham much appreciated.

Just have to pluck up the courage to pick up the phone and make the arrangements.

One step closer - but could it be the last!

SW Sept 06
AOR Dec 06
90 day letter Dec 08
Forms back Feb 09
Medical Request 22 April 09
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: Medical Request Arrived Yesterday

Originally Posted by voyce100
Panic stations yet again. Perhaps this is the most frightening hurdle wondering what they might find!

We live in Lancashire and now looking at the list of drs to pick the lucky practitioner. Any experiences of Crumpsal and Altrincham much appreciated.

Just have to pluck up the courage to pick up the phone and make the arrangements.

SW Sept 06
AOR Dec 06
90 day letter Dec 08
Forms back Feb 09
Hi there, a few of us have posted on our experiences of the atrincham practice, cant remember the name of the thread sorry.

i saw dr m. adams (female) she was very nice, they have appointments 3 times a week a that practice. when i rang to make an appointment i was seen within a week...that was good

it costs £140 per adult formedical and £60 for the xray, which unfortunately is done at St.John street and i had to wait 1.5 hours for my xray as the clinic was busy and she just slotted me in.

im going on a twp,

so had eye, hearing check, listened to heart, had examination of lungs, abdomen, gave sample of urine, height and weight, blood test and numerous medical questions such as previous illnesses, medications, operations etc etc. the altrincham practice also asks you to take a stamped addressed envelope, they post you a copy of your blood results and tell you that on the post mark, that is the same date that they are sent recorded delivery to london. not all DMP's do this..so thats good because you know the date that they are sent to london, which was 9 days after my medical.

ring them within a couple of days and they can give you the tracking code

very quick and painless except the lighter wallet, not such a good experience waiting for the xray, not that many parking spaces in st.johns street, the DMP advises you to ring them before you drive over to let them know your coming.

overall quick service,

my results arrive at london on 14th april...waiting waiting waiting

good luck

kae
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

We had meds this week with both Dr Jennings and Dr Adams at Altrincham - all very good and the guy taking the x-rays in Manchester excellent too!

We drove in and parked at the Great Northern car park next to the mega tall Hilton hotel. Two hours parking for £5.80. The chest x-ray place was just around the corner off Deansgate.

Best of luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

huge luck final fence
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by voyce100

SW Sept 06
AOR Dec 06
90 day letter Dec 08
Forms back Feb 09
Its a great feeling isn't is?! Congratulations and all the very best of luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chumley
huge luck final fence
Thanks Chumley - have fingers crossed that your medical issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your good wishes. Special thanks to kmcguiness and Lynsey for the details.

Just have to pick up the phone and make the call.