Medical request

Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:38 am
Just Joined

deeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical request

Hi everyone,
I applied as a Federal Skilled Worker May 2007 and have just had a request for a medical and for my Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Just two ticks in two boxs with not another word. I have been told that this is good news but I'm too paranoid to relax. Is this significant or just another obstacle to clear?
By the way I am doing my medical in Vancouver as per the list on the CIC website, $100 for the doc and $100 for the Xray.

Thanks,

deeds
Old Jan 25th 2010, 6:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical request

Hi

Originally Posted by deeds
Hi everyone,
I applied as a Federal Skilled Worker May 2007 and have just had a request for a medical and for my Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Just two ticks in two boxs with not another word. I have been told that this is good news but I'm too paranoid to relax. Is this significant or just another obstacle to clear?
By the way I am doing my medical in Vancouver as per the list on the CIC website, $100 for the doc and $100 for the Xray.

Thanks,

deeds
1. No, CIC/CHC is just "pulling your chain" to see your reaction.
2. Actually Yes, it appears that you are nearing the end of the road.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Originally Posted by deeds
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

deeds
I just received, this past Friday, the exact same letter with just the two ticks and I have just mailed off the RPRF. It's good news that we don't have to submit further documents and, hopefully, our Passport Requests will arrive around April (?).

I don't wish to heighten your paranoia still further, deeds, but assuming your medicals & background checks go without a hitch then you are nearly home and dry.

P.S. My medical costs have been quoted at $150 total here in Calgary.

Last edited by PaulOK; Jan 25th 2010 at 7:26 am.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulOK
I just received, this past Friday, the exact same letter with just the two ticks and I have just mailed off the RPRF. It's good news that we don't have to submit further documents and, hopefully, our Passport Requests will arrive around April (?).

I don't wish to heighten your paranoia still further, deeds, but assuming your medicals & background checks go without a hitch then you are nearly home and dry.

Congrats on meds requests how come its so cheap for meds over there ?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Paul, it is reassuring to know someone else is in the same boat, good luck. Coffeepot I think the question why is it so expensive in the UK? I have friends who had to go to Harley Street (it was all they could get) where they paid £800 as a couple, plus the cost of travelling to London and time off work. I wonder how a medical practice gets on the CIC list? I will enquire when I go for my medical.

deeds
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Paul

Dont forget that most doctors send you elsewhere for your xrays and bloods and these are an additional cost - for us $50 for an xray and another $40ish for the bloods
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:27 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

our medicals cost $150 each and our xrays were nearly $400 for all four of us... be warned you may have to put little stickers with metal bits on your nips!!! Our blood work cost a lot also as we had to have extra test as we have tattoos!! Good luck

Last edited by fatcat65; Jan 26th 2010 at 12:28 pm. Reason: wrong prices put in... got confused!!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

Our meds in Knightsbridge on Friday - trying not to think too much about how much they cost due to OH's fluctuating blood pressure.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Deeds, pleased to hear that you are onto the next stage having been in the queue since May 07......How exciting to be able to plan a bit more now.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by singingringingtree
Our meds in Knightsbridge on Friday - trying not to think too much about how much they cost due to OH's fluctuating blood pressure.
Good luck with the meds
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, singingringingtree......I second that...Let us know how you get on because we may well end up there if we get to the next stage.

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Good luck with the meds
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Good luck on Friday singingringingtree, if you get a chance ask how they get onto the CIC approved list.
After checking out this forum I chose the Laurel Medical Center, 215-888 W 8th Ave, Vancouver, because they have all the facilities in house. I'll let you know if there are any other charges.
Cheers everyone,
deeds