Medical report

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 1:07 pm
P

Hi all,

I'm waiting for the medical forms in order to undergo the examination for PR. Now I
found out that at CIC's web page you're allowed to download the forms:

IMM 5419 Medical Report -- Sections B, C, D, E [ Size: 151 K, Version: 08-1998 ]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/coming/eforms.html

I already checked them out and I think they are the same as the ones that I'm
supposed to receive by mail. So may I print them out and start doing them in order to
speed up the process? Or do I still have to wait for the other ones?

Thanks!

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 1:09 pm
Andrew Miller

No, you can't really do it as there is Section A missing - this one is to be filed
by visa post with your file number and other identification data. You may download
the form really just for your information - you can't do anything without Section A.
You'll receive your medical form when it will be known that your case's assessment
is already at the stage when doing medicals wouldn't be too early. So, please be
patient and wait.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 2:41 pm
Stephanie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Hi everyone,

That really confuses me right now.... I have a question, I read something about that
you need a special form to do the medical examination, that means that you get it
with your AIP letter and then you go to the doctor. But otherwise I read in my PR
Kit, that you can save a lot of time, doing the medical examination BEFORE sending in
the PR, so that you can include a proof that you already did it. And that is exactely
what I did, I went first to the medical examination and then I sent my PR with a
small letter from the physician stating that I was there..... So did I do something
wrong? What do all the people mean with this special form you need for the doctor?! I
just went there with my passport and passportpictures.......

Hope somebody can help me

Regards

Steffi

Old Feb 3rd 2002, 9:44 pm
The Wizzard

not sure whats going on there. i have always been of the impression you can't do you
medical before you are told, for the reasons Mr Miller states in the other reply on
this thread. Providing you get to a correct doctor as per the list and then have a
printed off form so he does all the right stuff, how can he file it properly without
your information. Are you planning on goign back to him when the CIC inform you it's
time to do your medical and ask him to send your info then? because i think you may
end up having to do your medicals again, which seems like a waste of money to
me.im not sure which post you filed at but in the application kit for the visa
specific instructions for London CHC it says in bold letters: "Do not initiate any
medical tests until you receive the medical form and instructions."

Drew

--
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Feb 4th 2002, 10:50 am
Stephanie

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Hi Drew,

I dont know if it is important to say, that I am applying from within Canada...so in
my PR was written you can do the medical exam before sending your PR...I am really
confused now...hope I did nothing wrong by doing it before sending it in...

Steffi

Old Feb 4th 2002, 11:14 am
Andrew Miller

Inland application process for sponsored spouses is completely different from any
other application process, especially from ones done abroad. The original poster is
applying abroad.

--

../..

sending email)

>

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > not sure whats going on there. i have always been of the impression you can't do[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you medical before you are told, for the reasons Mr Miller states in the other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > reply on this thread. Providing you get to a correct doctor as per the list and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > then have a printed off form so he does all the right stuff, how can he file it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > properly without your information. Are you planning on goign back to him when the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CIC inform you it's time to do your medical and ask him to send your info then?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > because i think you may end up having to do your medicals again, which seems like[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > a waste of money to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > me.im not sure which post you filed at but in the application kit for the visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > specific instructions for London CHC it says in bold letters: "Do not initiate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > any medical tests until you receive the medical form and instructions."[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Drew[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Feb 5th 2002, 7:29 am
Stephanie

>
from
    >
original
    >

Oh man, I am really sorry. I must have mixed something up here... So the way I did it
was right then?!

Thank you also very much for your kind answers

Steffi

Old Feb 5th 2002, 7:34 am
Andrew Miller

If as you stated you applied from within Canada and you've done medicals before
submitting application as prescribed in inland application kit then you are OK..

--

../..

sending email)

>

[usenetquote2]> > Inland application process for sponsored spouses is completely different[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > any other application process, especially from ones done abroad. The[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > poster is applying abroad.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >