Wikiposts

Medical recommendations

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold
Default Medical recommendations

Looking at the places to go for our medical and I think we have finalised it down to Nottingham, London both Harley St and Knightsbridge.

The Birmingham one seems to get good reviews but I had heard it takes them a while to send the results back.

Can anyone comment on the places above based on experience.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:32 am
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future
Default Re: Medical recommendations

Originally Posted by rgilbert
Looking at the places to go for our medical and I think we have finalised it down to Nottingham, London both Harley St and Knightsbridge.

The Birmingham one seems to get good reviews but I had heard it takes them a while to send the results back.

Can anyone comment on the places above based on experience.

Many Thanks
Hi, we had our medicals done in Birmingham and we certainly have no complaints, as far as I know they are the only practice that have all the tests done on site, including the x rays. They sent the results back within the time frame, and I would reccomend them.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

I had mine done at Nottingham Visa Medicals, Tudor House. They were fantastic, would really recommend them. Very straight forward and no messing about...brief medical history, Urinalysis, weighted, heighted, BP and the usual bloods took maximum of 20 minutes and results send to CHC within 48 hours.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Forgot to say Xrays done at the Park Hospital just outside Nottingham...5 minute wait and all done
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Me Again!! Just saw you are from Northants! I moved from Northants after 18 years last february...to Nottinghamshire

Good luck with your Meds
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
I had mine done at Nottingham Visa Medicals, Tudor House. They were fantastic, would really recommend them. Very straight forward and no messing about...brief medical history, Urinalysis, weighted, heighted, BP and the usual bloods took maximum of 20 minutes and results send to CHC within 48 hours.
Thanks . Was it easy to find the place by car and is there a good amount of parking nearby?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

They have a small car park at Tudor Medical Centre, but there is parking along the main road outside...it's easy to find it's next to Nottingham City Hospital. The Park Hospital is a BMI Hospital address is Burnt Stump, Arnold Nottingham, again easy to find parking wasn't a problem.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

We had our medicals done in Birmingham last August. Very professional with all tests completed for a family of 4 within about 2 hours.

You are right about the length of time it takes to send the results to CHC though. We were told 14 days from medical but because the one member of staff who deals with the paperwork at the practice went on holiday it ended up taking 20 days to reach London. This was a little annoying to say the least. Other than the time issue I would highly recommend going there.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Hi
we went down to knightsbridge for OH's meds, made a weekend of it, took in a show, did some shopping etc
x-rays, bloods etc all done in same place (2 rooms about 20ft apart!), all seemed ok, had meds done on 9 nov but didn't send application until 31 dec (spousal app) but all seemed to marry up with no problems as they took just 8.5 weeks to process the whole app.
Doc asked a few questions about our plans, previous medical history, did the height/weight/sight checks, listened to heart, cough test and probably a few other bits, can't really remember now but don't suppose we were with the doc for more than 20mins + 5-10mins for the x-rays.

Won't be long for you now, good luck
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Gary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really niceGary and Suzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Forgot to say Xrays done at the Park Hospital just outside Nottingham...5 minute wait and all done
Hi Rhodeys

We live in Notts and will be using Tudor House. Do you go for x-rays at Burnt Stump straight after medicals or do they give you a separate date?

Gary
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

We had our meds in Nottingham today. We had our x rays first which took a bit longer than normal as the machine broke just before my husband has his x ray . The went to have the meds. We were both with the doc about 20 mins in total. It was quick and painless really. They expect to be able to send the results off in a week.

Now the painful wait for PPR. I always wondered why people seemed so impatient when it got to the end of the wait for visas. Now I get it. The closer it gets the longer the wait seems. I suppose when you get your AOR with the long wait ahead, you have to put it to the back of your mind. Now I know it could be potentially (fingers crossed) so close but it seems so long to wait.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rgilbert
Now the painful wait for PPR. I always wondered why people seemed so impatient when it got to the end of the wait for visas. Now I get it. The closer it gets the longer the wait seems. I suppose when you get your AOR with the long wait ahead, you have to put it to the back of your mind. Now I know it could be potentially (fingers crossed) so close but it seems so long to wait.
Tell me about it, seems crazy doesn't it but it's oh so true!!!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gary

We booked out appt for Xrays on the same day as the medicals. Tudor Medical Centre will book it for you when you book your Medical. I can't remember if they gave you a choice whether to have them on a different day or not.

Good Luck