Medical Questions

Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future
Default Medical Questions

Seasons greetings to all.

After only 6 weeks since my PR application was received in London, we've had our Medical requests!

What, in the way of medical records, or copies of, do we need to take with us?

i.e. Operation discharge reports etc

Regards

Nige
Old Dec 18th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Questions

Hi Nige, congrats on the med request.
We did meds in March at Newcastle and didn't take any medical records with us.
The medicals and xrays were very straight forward and nothing to worry about. Cost about £265 each.
Bear in mind that the more info you give, the more CIC may want to delve further !
Good luck !
Old Dec 18th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road

Just to clarify what jimsan said...its all pretty straight foward. I did mine in Ontario 2 weeks ago, physical took all of 10 minutes...chest xrays about 90 seconds and blood work....2 minutes!! Just be prepared to go to 2 or 3 different locations as I'm not sure if many places do all of the 3 in the same building. Also, you pay seperate for xrays and blood tests...something I didn't know until I got there! Best of luck!!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We had our medicals on 30th November in Knightsbridge London.....pretty straight forward although did show some surprises.

My advice would be the following:

If going with a wife/partner do make sure that it is between periods as then there will be no blood in urine.

Female X-ray, be aware that two may be required as larger breasts can show as a shadow.....there will be an extra charge if an extra one is needed.

Kids. Our boys are 12 and 14 and the doctor did want them to undo their trousers so she could feel their abdomen...she also said she had to have a look down their pants, just a peek (probably to check they were boys)......shock, gasp, horror....the 12 year old was fine....but the 14 year old was less than impressed...so be aware...if you have kids of that 'delicate' age.

We took a printout from our GP showing the last 10 years treatments. My husband has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, being managed by tablets....so took that report.....We were asked to provide another review report for that.

If you have any concerns...visit your GP for a brief checkover....before the medicals......so he/she can report that you have or don't have whatever...and are okay or being treated.

Our medicals threw up some surprises when an irregular pulse and heart murmur was found in me. So we were asked to provide an Echocardiogram. My GP went one step further and did full bloods and an ECG, both of which were normal. The Echo showed that I have a slight leakage from my Aortic valve.....but the Cardiologist said that if I was his patient, he would not want to see me for a couple of years...as heart is strong and I have no symptoms. The reports have now been sent back to the DMP in London,
so we are back to a nervous wait.....but everyone thinks this will now be accepted as I won't be a drain on Medicare.

Good luck with your
Stef

Originally Posted by nige1521
Seasons greetings to all.

After only 6 weeks since my PR application was received in London, we've had our Medical requests!

What, in the way of medical records, or copies of, do we need to take with us?

i.e. Operation discharge reports etc

Regards

Nige
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies,

Meds booked for the 4th of Jan 2010. Couldn't believe the difference in prices between practices!

Regards

Nige
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If we can believe some of the posts on here, it is not only the price that differs, but the actual things they do to you during the medicals, for example some women have said that they have had to have a full breast exam and a smear even if they took their last recent results with them. My exam just checked my last smear result and under my arms which I presume was a lymph node check.
There is a considerable difference in the price of the London practices. Harley street came out nearly £200 more expensive, when you took into account paying round the corner for the X-rays. Knightsbridge included the cost of X-rays and they were done on the premises.

So shop around and ask loads of questions about what is and isn't included and double check....before committing your hard earned
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by nige1521
Thanks for the replies,

Meds booked for the 4th of Jan 2010. Couldn't believe the difference in prices between practices!

Regards

Nige
Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:17 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi

We had our medicals on 30th November in Knightsbridge London.....pretty straight forward although did show some surprises.

If going with a wife/partner do make sure that it is between periods as then there will be no blood in urine.

Female X-ray, be aware that two may be required as larger breasts can show as a shadow.....there will be an extra charge if an extra one is needed.

Kids. Our boys are 12 and 14 and the doctor did want them to undo their trousers so she could feel their abdomen...she also said she had to have a look down their pants, just a peek (probably to check they were boys)......shock, gasp, horror....the 12 year old was fine....but the 14 year old was less than impressed...so be aware...if you have kids of that 'delicate' age.

We took a printout from our GP showing the last 10 years treatments. My husband has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, being managed by tablets....so took that report.....We were asked to provide another review report for that.

If you have any concerns...visit your GP for a brief checkover....before the medicals......so he/she can report that you have or don't have whatever...and are okay or being treated.

Our medicals threw up some surprises when an irregular pulse and heart murmur was found in me. So we were asked to provide an Echocardiogram. My GP went one step further and did full bloods and an ECG, both of which were normal. The Echo showed that I have a slight leakage from my Aortic valve.....but the Cardiologist said that if I was his patient, he would not want to see me for a couple of years...as heart is strong and I have no symptoms. The reports have now been sent back to the DMP in London,
so we are back to a nervous wait.....but everyone thinks this will now be accepted as I won't be a drain on Medicare.

Good luck with your
Stef
I would dispute this if it happens. You are paying for a a PA chest x-ray, if they need to do more views to get a complete PA examination you shouldn't have to pay extra, they should have this built into their pricing. Also I would say that if they need to do a repeat to show the lung bases, the area behind the breast then they may not have used the best technique in the first place.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

With respect to the X rays, when we had them done in Cardiff they made us wait to ensure that there was no problem with the X Rays - as they were willing to do another there and then.

Personally, when I talked to the DMP and asked her if she wanted any medical records, she asked if there was anything wrong with us. I said about my wife falling and breaking her ankle, having an Op then another to take the pins/plate out but has not suffered problems since. She asked how long ago, I said 7 years and she said that there was no need as it was so long ago and there were no other issues - - just bring yourselves and the money !!

JET
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JET747
With respect to the X rays, when we had them done in Cardiff they made us wait to ensure that there was no problem with the X Rays - as they were willing to do another there and then.
Personally, when I talked to the DMP and asked her if she wanted any medical records, she asked if there was anything wrong with us. I said about my wife falling and breaking her ankle, having an Op then another to take the pins/plate out but has not suffered problems since. She asked how long ago, I said 7 years and she said that there was no need as it was so long ago and there were no other issues - - just bring yourselves and the money !!

JET
That's standard practice, except I would say it's not that we are willing to do another there and then but might have to do so. We have to check every image we take, and if the first images are not of diagnostic quality we take another. There are many reasons why you might need to repeat a view including not getting a good view of the bases due to large or dense breasts.

Last edited by fledermaus; Dec 20th 2009 at 12:15 am.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

[/COLOR]
Hi

[/COLOR]

Good luck with your
Stef

Eek! our lad who is 15 didn't have to drop his trousers or OH. Just shows it differs from DMP to DMP!!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:48 am
Just Joined

rookirunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Just booked in for our medicals in early Jan, but I'm really stressing about what I should and should not mention!

I have had post natal depression in the distant past and am asthmatic (not severly) Is this something I should worry about?

Made the mistake of mentioing this to the receptionist when I booked the app. Have I been too honest?

Canada seems to be so close, I hope this hasn't jeopardised our chances.
Am I worrying unneccessarily people?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Yes I did dispute it and she let me off paying for it......but if she had insisted, I would have had to pay up. It is in the guidance notes...although I did not read those until afterwards. They also say that anyone not paying will be reported to CHC for non payment...or words to that effect. My concern was that she did not advise me beforehand or give me the choice as to whether I wanted another one taken and then just slapped the extra charge on my bill.....
I agree that their technique could maybe be adjusted to a different angle for women with larger breasts to get the shot done properly first time
Stef

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I would dispute this if it happens. You are paying for a a PA chest x-ray, if they need to do more views to get a complete PA examination you shouldn't have to pay extra, they should have this built into their pricing. Also I would say that if they need to do a repeat to show the lung bases, the area behind the breast then they may not have used the best technique in the first place.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Just take a doctors report with you...ours did a simple printoff. They seem to be particulary pragmatic over depression etc. I suffered bereavement depression after I lost my mum to Cancer 10 years ago......not suffered since as proved by my medical records.

In Canada you pay for your prescriptions...so Asthma shouldn't be a drain...but I am no authority...maybe someone else who does have the knowledge will be along to answer that one for you.
Hope this helps
Stef

Originally Posted by rookirunna
Just booked in for our medicals in early Jan, but I'm really stressing about what I should and should not mention!

I have had post natal depression in the distant past and am asthmatic (not severly) Is this something I should worry about?

Made the mistake of mentioing this to the receptionist when I booked the app. Have I been too honest?

Canada seems to be so close, I hope this hasn't jeopardised our chances.
Am I worrying unneccessarily people?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Hi
Yes I did dispute it and she let me off paying for it......but if she had insisted, I would have had to pay up. It is in the guidance notes...although I did not read those until afterwards. They also say that anyone not paying will be reported to CHC for non payment...or words to that effect. My concern was that she did not advise me beforehand or give me the choice as to whether I wanted another one taken and then just slapped the extra charge on my bill.....
I agree that their technique could maybe be adjusted to a different angle for women with larger breasts to get the shot done properly first time
Stef
I never said anything about using a different angle! That's nonsense.

You would not have had the choice about a second film, the radiographer would not have done it if the first had been diagnostic. A non diagnostic image means an incomplete report.

BTW You may not realise that I am a radiographer.

Stil curious about the guidance notes and repeat views, do you have a link so I can read them?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry
Angle is my interpretation of you saying maybe did not use the best technique....and not being a Radiographer.....that is my interpretation.......not knowing the lingo as relating to your job...no offence intended. To say that it is nonsense may be correct...but not very nice.

But I should have had the choice of being advised of having to pay for it....which was my point.

Had a look for a link, couldn't find where I read it on CIC website, but it is not easy to navigate back to points if you cannot remember where you read them. It was where a warning was issued for non-payment of fees and how that would be viewed by CHC.
Stef

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I never said anything about using a different angle! That's nonsense.

You would not have had the choice about a second film, the radiographer would not have done it if the first had been diagnostic. A non diagnostic image means an incomplete report.

BTW You may not realise that I am a radiographer.

Stil curious about the guidance notes and repeat views, do you have a link so I can read them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.