Wikiposts

Medical Question and help please.

Old Feb 26th 2016, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice
Default Medical Question and help please.

Hello can anyone help,
Here goes i have had the full medical exam, for immigration, i am being sponsored by my wife. The doctor at Medimigration here in the UK said i need an up to date, cardiologist report, as i have a heart condition, so off to a private Hospital near me, had a full medical consultation with ecg which found an irregular heart beat, was told to have a chemical stress test, to which i refuse totally, as the side effect can be a heart attack, i have to go this Tuesday for a ultrasound scan of my heart, i was told by the Doctor i wont get into Canada due to my heart, by the way this is fully treatable by tablet, what has happened to Medical Exempt, or does this not count for anyone with heart problems. Please can anyone advise, all paperwork sent in a while ago, thank you in advance .Ps i am retired with a pension, will be covered by Blue Cross for medication, so no drain on Canadian Healthcare system in over 1 5years i have not been in Hospital here, only one night.

Last edited by shaman; Feb 26th 2016 at 6:53 am.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 7:17 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Question and help please.

Originally Posted by shaman
Hello can anyone help,
Here goes i have had the full medical exam, for immigration, i am being sponsored by my wife. The doctor at Medimigration here in the UK said i need an up to date, cardiologist report, as i have a heart condition, so off to a private Hospital near me, had a full medical consultation with ecg which found an irregular heart beat, was told to have a chemical stress test, to which i refuse totally, as the side effect can be a heart attack, i have to go this Tuesday for a ultrasound scan of my heart, i was told by the Doctor i wont get into Canada due to my heart, by the way this is fully treatable by tablet, what has happened to Medical Exempt, or does this not count for anyone with heart problems. Please can anyone advise, all paperwork sent in a while ago, thank you in advance .Ps i am retired with a pension, will be covered by Blue Cross for medication, so no drain on Canadian Healthcare system in over 1 5years i have not been in Hospital here, only one night.
I am aware of your previous posts on this same issue and the comments still apply now as they did then. As you are being sponsored by your wife then you should therefore be excessive demand exempt. Weird that they should be saying this.

If you weren't sponsored, then you might well have been struggling. You mentioned heart failure in a previous post, not just an irregular heart beat - the echocardiogram that you will be having would quantify this to some degree, at least indirectly. Again, if you weren't sponsored then personally I think that you would likely be compelled to do the stress test as angina and heart failure which you mention would deem this necessary. The risk of serious harm is very low btw. I presume that you have been stress tested in the reasonably recent past? If not, you should have been!

Again, your comments re Blue Cross coverage etc if you weren't sponsored, wouldn't hold up as it would be potential surgery/ procedures/ cardio investigations etc rather than just medication coverage which would potentially deem you inadmissible due to xcessive demand..also you couldn't possibly guarantee that you would have this coverage.
But, you should be exempt anyhow which should make these points irrelevant anyhow.

Last edited by Stinkypup; Feb 26th 2016 at 7:20 am.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

shaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really niceshaman is just really nice

Thank you Stinkypup, we have checked the Canadian Gov,s website, you are right, I would be exempt, due to being Sponsored by my Canadian wife, medical exempt, I passed everything, at the Medimigration Medical, just needed an up to date Cardiologist report, I have done everything asked for, told the Cardiologist I wont risk a heart attack, as I have avoided this, and hope to continue. I have a letter from CIC, asking for the tests, I will ring them Monday, to try explain. Somehow I feel they have made a mistake. Once again thank you for your reply..
Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

The relevant law is: IRPA A38(1)(c) and A38(2)(a).

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 27th 2016 at 4:30 am.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Snowy560, for your reply, duly noted..
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:01 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaman
Thank you Stinkypup, we have checked the Canadian Gov,s website, you are right, I would be exempt, due to being Sponsored by my Canadian wife, medical exempt, I passed everything, at the Medimigration Medical, just needed an up to date Cardiologist report, I have done everything asked for, told the Cardiologist I wont risk a heart attack, as I have avoided this, and hope to continue. I have a letter from CIC, asking for the tests, I will ring them Monday, to try explain. Somehow I feel they have made a mistake. Once again thank you for your reply..
I will be interested to see how you get on- good luck phoning them! I still don't get why CIC are trying to put you through this

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The relevant law is: IRPA A38(1)(c) and A38(2)(a).

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

S
I read this, again Snowy, Am I missing something? The OP should be excess demand exempt should they not?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I will be interested to see how you get on- good luck phoning them! I still don't get why CIC are trying to put you through this

I read this, again Snowy, Am I missing something? The OP should be excess demand exempt should they not?
They should but do you honestly think that the Panel Physician knows that?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, SP: the specific clauses in the law I cited indicate that.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 27th 2016 at 10:37 am.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:21 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
They should but do you honestly think that the Panel Physician knows that?
Yes but it is CIC have requested the subsequent further tests, or do you think that this was entirely down to the physician? The former have his application, the physician doesn't. CIC should spot his application clas surely?

Last edited by Stinkypup; Feb 27th 2016 at 10:24 am.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

The problem is we are all just speculating. We don't know if the PP is at fault, whether the OP has been assessed as EDE or non-EDE, and/or the basis on which CIC are making this request (either erroneously or on purpose).

You know I'm going to say what I often suggest: it might be worth consulting an immigration professional to sort this out and to communicate with CIC. It's hard to unravel this without all the info.

Suggest also consider communicating with CIC in writing/email (as well as the phone if you could even get through on the phone).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 27th 2016 at 10:57 am.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but it is CIC have requested the subsequent further tests, or do you think that this was entirely down to the physician? The former have his application, the physician doesn't. CIC should spot his application clas surely?
I suspect, but it's pure speculation, that the panel physician referred OP without paying attention to the fact it was a spouse visa medical, rather than CIC. OP hadn't mentioned any request from CIC.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 11:01 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The problem is we are all just speculating. We don't know if the PP is at fault, whether the OP has been assessed as EDE or non-EDE, and/or the basis on which CIC are making this request (either erroneously or on purpose).

You know I'm going to say what I often suggest: it might be worth consulting an immigration professional to sort this out and to communicate with CIC. It's hard to unravel this without all the info.

Suggest also consider communicating with CIC in writing/email (as well as the phone if you could even get through on the phone).

S
That sounds sensible advice. My comment was also inferring your point re the phones.. They are going to need luck just to get to speak to someone of any use, we have never managed it!

If It is CIC who have requested the investigations, I feel that the OP would have a job on their hands trying talking them out of making them do the stress test tbh
Old Feb 27th 2016, 11:02 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I suspect, but it's pure speculation, that the panel physician referred OP without paying attention to the fact it was a spouse visa medical, rather than CIC. OP hadn't mentioned any request from CIC.
They say that they have a letter from CIC asking for the tests.. Post#3
Old Feb 27th 2016, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

They say that they have a letter from CIC asking for the tests.. Post#3
Missed that, oops . Still suspect that it's down to the panel physician having requested the tests without noticing they were not required, & CIC reacting to that without noticing they were not required etc .

However, once OP provides the reports he's obtained, mentioning that he's excessive demand exempt (because spouse visa), CIC *should* get their behind in gear.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

If It is CIC who have requested the investigations, I feel that the OP would have a job on their hands trying talking them out of making them do the stress test tbh
That's why I think they could do with professional advice in this situation to unravel it and make the appropriate communication. This situation has also been going on for some time, because Shaman posted about this before on a couple of threads before Christmas.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Feb 27th 2016 at 11:32 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.