Medical question - depression

Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:59 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical question - depression

I have had bouts of depression in the past , as recently as last year. Will it go against my visa app.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:58 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical question - depression

Originally Posted by Jacq53
I have had bouts of depression in the past , as recently as last year. Will it go against my visa app.
It will be up to a medical officer to determine but I wouldnt have thought that would be likely to meet the definition of "excessive demand" unless you have been undergoing extensive counselling or had a period of hospitalisation. If you have just been taking medication and had the occassional visit to your doctor you probably wouldnt be inadmissible.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:04 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical question - depression

Originally Posted by NSpaul
It will be up to a medical officer to determine but I wouldnt have thought that would be likely to meet the definition of "excessive demand" unless you have been undergoing extensive counselling or had a period of hospitalisation. If you have just been taking medication and had the occassional visit to your doctor you probably wouldnt be inadmissible.
Thanks for your comments. I have never been hospitalised just some happy pills now and then, when life take its toll.

Thanks again