Medical Question

Old May 4th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Medical Question

Hi all,

My 18 month daughter has just been diagnosed with epilepsy.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem as part of the immigration process?

Regards

Chris
Old May 4th 2011, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical Question

Sorry to hear that Chris. If you do a search for epilepsy on here you will find a lot of info and other people's experiences of the medicals. I am sure someone will also be along shortly to add to that.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry, yes I'll do a search.

A bit flustered about it as we just got the call from the consultant and forgot that was probably the easiest way to find info.

Regards

Chris
Old May 4th 2011, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Hi all,

My 18 month daughter has just been diagnosed with epilepsy.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem as part of the immigration process?

Regards

Chris
Hiya chris, sorry to hear your news.
It may cause you a problem as Canada dont want anyone who will cost more that $5000 per year harsh but true. Now if she were well controlled this may not pose such a problem, but given she has just been diagnosed it is early days and not sure how long and if she is well controlled. I guess they may view her as an unknown quantity

I suggest you bring as much info with you to the medical itself. Bring Drs letters etc.

In all likely hood you may still get a letter requesting more info (like we did-son has Aspergers) They may ask you to see an independent neurologist for example. Following this it may be that you will get a 'letter of excessive demand' and they are deeming her inadmissable. You can fight this and it may be that you have to foot any medical bills/treatment yourself and sign a disclaimer to say you wont use Canadian resources for your daughter...so its not impossible, just a few hoops you may have to go through.
There are many people on the forum that have fought their case and have been deemed admissable-in our case its too early to tell.

As SRT said do some searches on the forum for 'excessive demand' and 'epilepsy' and see what it come up with.
What I can say is that the forum is a fantastic way to gather info for your case and I wish you all the best of luck.
PS you said you were using a consultant...does he have any expertese in dealing with such situations?
Old May 4th 2011, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

When I say consultant, I mean medical consultant at the hospital rather than an immigration consultant.

Like you say it's early days. I'll do some searching and see what comes up.

Regards

Chris