Medical Question

Old May 12th 2007, 10:26 am
ola
Forum Regular

ola is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Question

We have received our 90 days update letter and we hope to send it in sometime next week.
From previous posts i gathered that it takes about 6 weeks to book and do the medical's would it be wise to book for our medicals after we post our updates without them requesting for it.

Thanks
Old May 12th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Question

I'm not sure you can book before you get the medical requests; but I don't believe six weeks is a normal wait anyway. When I booked just before Christmas I pretty much had my choice of days and times in the new year, and others have said before that they've arranged medicals only a few days after they booked.

I guess the wait will depend on the specific doctor and how many medical requests CHC are sending out at the time .
Old May 12th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't book your medicals until you receive the request from CIC as:

1. You don't know how long from submitting the additional info the medical request will be;
2. The medical request contains medical forms that you need to take with you for the medicals aswell as other instructions you need to follow.

Last edited by RodseyUK; May 12th 2007 at 1:49 pm.
Old May 12th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarkG
I'm not sure you can book before you get the medical requests; but I don't believe six weeks is a normal wait anyway. When I booked just before Christmas I pretty much had my choice of days and times in the new year, and others have said before that they've arranged medicals only a few days after they booked.

I guess the wait will depend on the specific doctor and how many medical requests CHC are sending out at the time .

Ditto

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
I wouldn't book your medicals until you receive the request from CIC as:

1. You don't know how long from submitting the additional info the medical request will be;
2. The medical request contains medical forms that you need to take with you for the medicals aswell as other instructions you need to follow.

Ditto

Just chill, it's gonna happen!

Old May 12th 2007, 8:41 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

A 6 week wait to get in for medicals? Nonsense. Remember you are paying a private company for an appointment, you'll generally just be asked when you want it. Chances are you'll be able to get it for exactly the day you want when you want. Things are different in private and public sectors.
Old May 13th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

some DMPs do have very waiting time, I remember when I was booking mine a doctor in Manchester quoted me more than 6 weeks while the one in Liverpool could fit me in two days, he charged much more, so you will always have the choice.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Spanna is an unknown quantity at this point

It's best to wait until you get the forms before you book your medical. It doesn't take too long after your 90 day letter (about 5 weeks for us). Also, I called our nearest designated doctor to book the medicals but he couldn't see us for 5 weeks. I called another doctor on the list and they could see us within a few days of my call so it was worth driving the extra 20 minutes. We saved money too as the doc we saw charged less than the first one I called. If you can, shop around - I hadn't realised the fee for the medical can vary. Good luck!
Old May 14th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Fight or Flight will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ola
We have received our 90 days update letter and we hope to send it in sometime next week.
From previous posts i gathered that it takes about 6 weeks to book and do the medical's would it be wise to book for our medicals after we post our updates without them requesting for it.

Thanks
we got 90 day letter last October and sent information back first week in November and are still waiting for medical requests!!!!!:curse:
I have contacted various Doctors who do the necessary medicals and have been told from the ones tht I contacted that they would not do it without the go ahead from the CHC
Even if you find one who will it may be some time before you are requested officially and I can see them (CHC) asking for it to be updated at extra cost to you!

hope yours arrives faster than ours even at a rough estimate we have waited an additional three months without hearing anything1

Peter
Old May 14th 2007, 8:58 pm
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ola

Thanks
I would say most of the comments here are correct and sound advice, but I do like your angle and your have to accept there is a bit of a risk to it, but that may not actually be a bad idea. I would call tomorrow a DMP and book an appointment for say 2 - 3 months time to allow for some flexibility.

Regards

John

My wifes DMP in Cambridge wanted 2 months waiting time

Last edited by dozy_muppet03; May 14th 2007 at 9:00 pm.