Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Query - High Blood pressure

Medical Query - High Blood pressure

Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Query - High Blood pressure

Has anyone had any problems with blood pressure at their medicals?

Also if perrson has high blood pressure which is controlled by medication would you pass the medical for a Visa??
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical Query - High Blood pressure

Do a search on here for high blood pressure and you will see lots of people have had this issue. If it's controlled by med, I think generally people are getting in. If it's not, they seem to request further investigation. It does not necessary mean you will fail the med.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by samjr400
Has anyone had any problems with blood pressure at their medicals?

Also if perrson has high blood pressure which is controlled by medication would you pass the medical for a Visa??
With high BP they just do a creatinine test to ensure that there is no kidney damage. No kidney damage, no problem with passing meds.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:12 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Medical Query - High Blood pressure

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

With high BP they just do a creatinine test to ensure that there is no kidney damage. No kidney damage, no problem with passing meds.
I can vouch for this too as have high BP controlled by meds. Recently had my medical and as long as it's under 140/90 there's no problem. They just do the serum creatinine test from your blood tests. I also took details of my last few BP checks and creatinine tests from my GP to demonstrate it's under control! Doctor said it was fine - no issue at all
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

hobbitess is on a distinguished road

Spoke to LMO last week about this for OH. As has been said, if its controlled and no other secondary damage then its fine. A blood test for urea, electrolytes will be done. Medication would have to be paid for out there which isn't expensive so no burden on the state.

Good luck